We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
617 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel?

Our choices are

Iberostar playa mita

Now Amber

Rui palace Pacifico

Dreams PVC

Dreams villamagna

We are a couple age 23 and 26 looking at coming 2 weeks next summer,

We are looking for a good quality hotel with good food and room service such as burgers pizza toasties etc.

Would like large pool area maybe music during the day and good nighttime entertainment

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,165 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel?

Now Amber (it is new, nice, and the only one on your list that is actually located right in the city of puerto vallarta)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
617 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel?

Thanks is the food good?

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,748 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel?

Depends how close do you want to be to downtown Puert Vallarta.

Iberostar a good hour plus north of PV and not open yet. May still have some opening issues to iron out in the summer but you should be able to get some good deals in the first few months.

RIU and Dreams VM are north in Nuevo about 30 miles from PV.

The other Dreams is south of town about 15 minutes.

As stated above, Now Amber is 5 minutes from downtown.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel?

I would choose either Now Amber if you want to be right in the town of PV, however, not the best beaches there or Riu Palace or Dreams Villamagna in Nuevo with great, long, walkable beaches. I think the DVM would be a bit better due to all rooms being junior suites and Jacuzzis. However there may be more activity at the Riu Palace and you will also have access to the Riu Vallarta and Riu Jalisco within walking distance as well, so will give you more choice.

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,165 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel?

I have no idea, I don't stay at resorts or All-Inclusives myself. I just know that Now Amber/Secrets have been getting good comments and reviews since it opened. And like I mentioned, it's the only one on your list actually IN Puerto Vallarta.

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
3,923 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel?

Now Amber/Secrets are the only ones close to town. Puerto Vallarta has a small town atmosphere, on the malecon they have large loud nightclubs that don't get busy until 11pm or you can cross the river into old town ( south side/romantic zone ) where there are hundreds of small cantinas, bars, restaurants ( cheap to expensive) taco stands, etc.

The local people are so friendly & outgoing, I have never felt slighted in 10 yrs & in fact know many of them by first name.

Streets are cobble stone & very Mexican, buses & taxis everywhere & very inexpensive so getting from your hotel into town is easy, IF you are staying in PV not so easy from NV.

I think you will find it like Marmariss was before the OTHER people got there.

From a Paisley buddy.

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
3,923 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel?

Sorry missed my edit time.

PV in July will be HOT & HUMID, I will leave it to others to explain how H&H as I am only there for winter Nov~Apr.

I would be interested in knowing how you get here from there? As I might be interested in bringing some friends over.

Thanks

Pueblo, Colorado
Level Contributor
486 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotel?

If I were your ages..would not stay at any of these hotels..I would concentrate more on staying in the Southside area. This is the area with all of the nitelife and party scene..you would give up the all-inclusive but at the same time be right in the middle of all of the fun and great restaurants. Maybe Playa Los arcos? Sort of a funky old hotel..but on a great beach with all the fun right outside the front door!

9. Re: Which hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 06:20