We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peninsula Condos

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Peninsula Condos

My husband wants me to just check out the Peninsula because of the pool being huge for the kids and the condo being bigger than the one I want at Plaza Dorada. There is a bus outside that could take us to the SS in 10mins., is that right? How is the beach there? Will this really be a pain. I wanted this trip to be easy with having two strollers and not taking the bus much since we are obviously not doing AI so will need to eat out more. Any opinions on these condos? It will be down to this and the Plaza Dorada and I am wanting the PD.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peninsula Condos

More like 15mins min. to the South Side

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,574 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peninsula Condos

There is a bus stop out front, one potential problem could be the driveway heading out to the highway. It has a bumpy surface made to look like stone, might be kind of a rough ride in a stroller if you come home with tired little ones.

The beach is not as big as those in NV, but it is very well maintained, they smooth it out very nicely every morning.

I believe it is the largest pool in PV, it too is very nice.

We very much enjoyed the complex, and the condos are stunning. The downside was the lack of restaurants close by, there are some (Las Adelitas was our favorite), but I think most would be a quite hike with strollers. Plus crossing the busy highway can be challenging at times, especially at night.

We have been staying on the SS for over a decade, and are spoiled by the convenience of all the restaurant choices. Also we are not used to traveling most days, either south to downtown or the SS, some days north to the marina which is closer.

Hopefully I helped more than confuse you, :-)

Edited: 20 October 2013, 18:31
Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peninsula Condos

The condos look amazing, but I think for this trip it should be PD. WIth one child under 1 who will still need two naps, best to be close to everything. OK, my mind is made up:)

Thanks.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,110 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peninsula Condos

The beach is very nice. You can walk all the way north to the marina, or walk all the way south as far as the Pelicanos. This is all a very easy walk. Plenty of stops along the way. Enjoy

United States
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,043 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Peninsula Condos

maried11

I like all these condo threads you have started in selecting a perfect condo for your family. I also like everyone's responses and am learning so much by reading them. I need to broaden my horizons and stay at a condo or two sometime. I'll prolly always stay in or close to the romantic zone. I'm counting on you to give me a report on Plaza Dorada when you return! ;)

Teduardo,

Thank you for your information above. Its very useful for me as well.

Edited: 20 October 2013, 22:16
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,608 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Peninsula Condos

Marie: If you can swing it financially, go for Molina de Agua. It´s in the área you want and they are very nice 3 bedroom condos. Also, right downstairs is a cute Little store with all kinds of imported stuff and kitty corner is Los Mercados. I haven´t been in the pool, but it´s plenty big enough for length swimming, etc., so it would be plenty big enough for your husband. Trust me.

The Peninsula is in an awkward location if you don´t have a car.

You said Molina was too modern, but Peninsula is more modern than it.

Go for Molina if you can afford it. Plaza Dorada pool is teensy weensy. Yuk

Sorry for the frankness.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,574 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Peninsula Condos

For the size of PD the pool looks plenty large enough to me. The pool where we stay at VDS is far from being huge, but I've never heard anybody complain about it. Perhaps the owners (many who are very well off) and their guests don't require a giant pool to be comfortable (I guess there could be a few who are that snobbish). Sure beats the heck out of a resort pool full of pee from a bunch of drunken tourists...YUK !

And I don't believe Molino de Monstrosity offers poolside service from two very nice restaurants.

Edited: 20 October 2013, 23:59
Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Peninsula Condos

Teduardo, I totally agree! we started out in PV at an AI and yes, the drunks were at the pool bar! then we went to Villa Premiere and it was sooo much better, now we are headed to Plaza Mar with its small pool but no pool bar for sure! hate those....can't figure out why so many people like them. All I have ever seen at them is the same people sitting on the same stools day in and day out. Don't flame me, its just my experience at all AI pool bars.....and they were not cheap hotels.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,110 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Peninsula Condos

I don't know if the pool at the Monstrosity De Agua is heated or not. But in the winter whenever you walk by, it's always in the shade. It sits on the north side of the ugly mass of concrete blocking the sun.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Peninsula Condos

We have just decided that the PD will be best. The Peninsula will require a bus and is modern, the MDA is modern and I could book an AI with two rooms for that price. I wanted to do non AI this next trip as we just returned from an 11 day AI trip and we like to mix it up. WE will probably do 2 or 3 days of day passes, so can get our fill of big pools on those days as well. We are really looking forward to trying this:)

Thanks all for your help:)

PS: I also thought it looked like the MDA pool was in the shade a lot of the time, but couldn't tell for sure.

Edited: 21 October 2013, 01:28