We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm packing....how are the temps, humidity and rain?

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,561 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
I'm packing....how are the temps, humidity and rain?

I've been watching the temps and humidity, and it looks like the much referred to October switch.... hasn't "flipped" yet. I'm trying to make some packing decisions since this is my first time to visit in October.

So, I need to know the real story on the temp comfort level? Bring super light weight clothes or what? Capris okay at night?

And, should I pack an umbrella or footwear that won't come off my feet LOL in a gully washer, or are the showers less frequent and less heavy now?

Okanagan, BC
Level Contributor
273 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm packing....how are the temps, humidity and rain?

Just got back and yes there is lots of humidity. Mostly noticeable because there was only a light breeze on one day. It did not cool down at night, so no need for sweaters. We did have rain 3 times, one evening it was very heavy for about 1 hour. Everyone just stayed in the lounge until it stopped. It isn't a cold rain so many people just went about their business getting wet, not much different than getting into the pool, you just change into dry clothes in your room. The other 2 rains came during the night while we were asleep so who knows how much, by morning things were dry on walkways etc.

We used a nike flip-flop with a slight tread on the bottom so were didn't slip when tiles were wet. I saw people slip with a regular flip flop with smooth bottoms so do be careful, don't run!

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,516 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm packing....how are the temps, humidity and rain?

The Café Roma weather station is a good place to start.

http://weather.romamexico.com/

We are supposed to be at the airport right now, and boarding the plane in about a half hour. Oh well :-(

Due to circumstances beyond our control (and too bloody long to tell here) we won't be down until spring.

Sorry Kansas, I know we were supposed to meet up for happy hour or three, Jen can tell you the how and why, hopefully next time.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm packing....how are the temps, humidity and rain?

Hi Janet, no nightly rain for two days. Others not used to humidity may think it's still very humid, but to me, the humidity has gone down a lot. That 'switch' is acting more like a 'dimmer' :) temps are also lower, but not cool enough at night for any sort of jacket.

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,784 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm packing....how are the temps, humidity and rain?

Tropical storm Raymond is moving up from the south which should bring some rain but it will be gone by the time you arrive. :) From the temps listed on the Cafe. Roma weather station, I would pack "light".

Edited: 21 October 2013, 19:03
Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,221 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm packing....how are the temps, humidity and rain?

Hey Kansas - just got back Sunday morning - it was pretty darn hot & humid - enough so that i decided that in order for me to go during low season, it will have to be 2 weeks instead of one - not a bad thing. Just that i need the first week to really acclimate myself -

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
306 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm packing....how are the temps, humidity and rain?

then another two weeks to acclimate yourself when you get home

jajajajajaja||

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,597 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm packing....how are the temps, humidity and rain?

It's an interesting question, but I always pack exactly the same for PV regardless of the time of year I go.

suze

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,815 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm packing....how are the temps, humidity and rain?

Kansas, the humidity is much less than last year, but it's still warm. Today was somewhat overcast (likely due to the outer parts of that tropical storm) but not uncomfortable. We only had one good solid rainstorm on the SS since I arrived, so you could probably forego the umbrella. Lightweight clothing is still the order of the day.

I'll just say the things I would pack to travel here in February I would not pack for this time of year. They would be too warm.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
500 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm packing....how are the temps, humidity and rain?

The final stretch...

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,602 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I'm packing....how are the temps, humidity and rain?

kansas---i already told you----have a blast.

ted---i'm really sorry about your cancelled trip---i know that happened to you last year. hope all is well