We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PV hotel for 11/25

Napa, California
Level Contributor
87 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
PV hotel for 11/25

we are 2 adults and an 8 yr old. we are staying for a week in Sayulita. We have one night free before the house opens. Our 8 yr old loves pools with water slides, other kids, games, etc. Any place anyone can recommend for a really fun day/nite in PV?

Thanks

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PV hotel for 11/25

There is the Crown Paradise, but that pool is probably too old for an 8 year old. Maybe the Paradise Village in Nuevo on the way as it has two fast and fun alligator slides in the pool and always lots of kids.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,848 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PV hotel for 11/25

Question: Are you familiar with Puerto Vallarta and would you be comfortable using Hotwire? I've used Hotwire all over the US for 10 years and have always had good experiences. Last week, I booked a "one-night" in Puerto Vallarta, due to the same situation you have. We needed to stay just one night and I wanted to be fairly close to the airport. I got a great hotel (with everything you mentioned) for a very low price.

Hotwire is not for everyone. You have to know the territory because you don't get the name of the hotel until you pay, but if I get a hotel at the Marina that's a 4-star for a very low price, it works for me. We've stayed at the Comfort Inn near the airport for one night but paid way more than I paid for that 4-star for one night.

It all depends on what is available that day. I just checked Hotwire for your date and there is availability. You would have to go on "blind faith" though as you won't know the name of the hotel until payment is made and it is non-refundable. Getting a 4-star near the airport though (Marina, etc.) would likely serve you well if you're willing to take a chance.

Good luck and hope this helps. Have fun in Sayulita.

United States
Level Contributor
9,705 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PV hotel for 11/25

Marly

Thx for that info. I'm glad I learned it too. I always wonder about these kinds of "deals" and how they work. You explained it well. I learned something. :)

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,848 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PV hotel for 11/25

Deana,

The "deal" with Hotwire (and this would go for Priceline also, I'd imagine) is ---- you have to know your geographical territory, in addition to understanding the site. When I first started doing Hotwire to Sacramento, San Francisco, Baltimore and a couple of other places years ago, I knew the geography of where I was going but it took awhile to figure out the Hotwire site (and consequences) also.

Anyone using it needs to know that it's non-refundable so if you get a place you don't like.... oh well...you're stuck. I've used it recently in New York and Philadelphia (in addition to other places I'm completely familiar with) and it's always an adventure as to what you end up with, BUT ----- if you know the territory, you can't go too wrong if you pick a 3 or 4 star and you like the price.

Let's put it this way. Recently, just for fun (since I had no clue Hotwire was available in Puerto Vallarta), I punched in a date in PV (as we only needed it for one-night) and got the Westin at the Marina for a ridiculous price. These deals are never available until the last minute though, as Hotwire gets "excess inventory." You can't book it two months in advance but it would likely work a month or so in advance.

Good luck to the OP. If he knows what areas are near the airport, it could work.

5. Re: PV hotel for 11/25

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 05:18