We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa los arcos

edmonton Alberta
Level Contributor
995 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Playa los arcos

well the time has come to get serious. We had Our first Snowfall today. Need Some feedback On Playa los arcos' Should We book AI or not? Room suggestion I am going for my 40th in Jan so I would like an ocean View? Lots Of kids around? Contact lnfo for the hotel directly So many question I have been to PV Or area

4 times

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa los arcos

We are here now, this is a great location hotel is older but nice, get ocean front for sure it's well worth it, we don't do AI to many great places to eat.

Enjoy

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa los arcos

Seaside, hope you are having a great stay at PLA, great location & I don't understand the AI option either, but to each their own?

Sorry we will miss you guys we don't get in till Sat. Maybe next time?

If you go to El Rio on Fri say hi to claymore & Conner for me. Or are you leaving Thur???

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa los arcos

We are here now, this is a great location hotel is older but nice, get ocean front for sure it's well worth it, we don't do AI to many great places to eat.

Enjoy

United States
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,069 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa los arcos

We are staying there in a few weeks. Make sure to call the hotel direct and ask for Marguerite when you book your room. Get the superior ocean front rooms. You will have a view all over Banderas Bay, the pier and the beach. Sliding glass doors and balcony. Fall asleep with the waves crashing. You will love it. We always stay in this hotel and never get AI because there are so many great restaurants to eat at just as you walk out the door. You will love Old Town.

PS. They gave safes in the room as well.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa los arcos

Hi Ian55

Having a blast!!!!

Hot here, eating to many El Pastors!!

We are here till Saturday, the airlines messed up! So Lucy us , I will say hi to Conner & all Friday , we were at LMB today , nice place, at CYC now, sorry if spelling mistakes to much happy hour! Lol

Having fun in PV!!!

United States
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,069 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Playa los arcos

I will add: this is a family type hotel, so there could be kids .....but when you go... It's not summer, holiday or spring break so I imagine there would be less. Also if you stay at this hotel you have the use of their two other sister hotels, Los Arcos Suites, and Casa Dona Susana which are across the street and around a little corner. Casa Dona Susana is adults only and you will like their "rooftop" pool. Wifi even works up there as well!

Sorry for the spelling errors in the above post! Darn auto-correct!!!

Edited: 28 October 2013, 03:32
Winona, Minnesota
Level Contributor
649 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Playa los arcos

This will be our third year, our second at Los Arcos Suites (for the kitchen)... We NEVER do the AI, but to each his own... we have found that if you do not love your room, you can move to one better as they come available-- a bit easier for us as we are there for several weeks... DO check out all the properties- they are very close and the rooftop pool is a nice break from the beach... There are so many great restaurants in the neighborhood, it really is a fun area to be in!! Yes, it is older and charming, but very clean and safe and unless you are very high maintenance types, you will love it! And lest I fail to mention it -the staff is wonderful!!!!

Keswick, Canada
Level Contributor
839 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Playa los arcos

Check their website as they were running discounted pricing if you booked before Oct. 31 for holidays through to April 2014! You can also contact them via email at contact@playalosarcos.com! I book directly with them to get the room I want! Lots of kids on week-ends as many nationals arrive! When I get tired of kids I head up to the roof top pool at Casa Dona Susanne!

Edited: 28 October 2013, 13:27
AR
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Playa los arcos

I usually book AI if not too much more because I can have breakfast and then drinks/snacks on the beach/pool in the afternoon without having to get out of my swimsuit/coverup if I want. Very convenient. I then go out to a different restaurant/stand each night for dinner. If I am not on the beach/pool then I eat/ drink wherever I want.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
5 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Playa los arcos

I have stayed at Casa Dona Susana many times (part of the Playa Los Arcos family) and have done the AI as well. We got a package where AI was $14 USD per day. For that price, even if you dont eat all of your meals there, it is still a good deal. I would say the food is very average, however, depending on the length of your stay, you also receive tickets for an "off the menu" meal that has some great steaks, seafood, etc. Old Town PV has so many great restaurants that are literally right out your front door... So the decision really comes down to routine buffet on a budget or explore and have some variety. Either way, I think you will be in great shape!