We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
144 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report

Just a short review of our time in paradise Oct 12-24. We have been going to PV for 18 years and a lot of those trips in October. This was the first time the humidity was a factor. Living in AZ and dealing with humidity is nothing new, but this trip, it was a bit high. As always, first night in PV is spent at Burros Bar, beer in hand, toes in sand. Cheaper beer elsewhere on the beach, but tradition is strong with us. They still have the best nachos on the bay. We went to most of our “Can’t miss” restaurants and had fabulous meals. Marisco Polos, as always, did not disappoint. His fish and sauces are unbelievable. Also enjoyed Café de Olla, Benjamin always finds a way to surprise us with dishes. Also went to Poncho’s Tacos, Margareta Grill & A Taste of Italy. Every year we end up trying new restaurants. This year we found 5 new ones. There is a new restaurant ground level at Plaza Mar, Serrano Meat House. They serve steaks and burgers. The steaks are very good and the burgers are some of the best I have every had(a little expensive at 130 pesos for a bacon cheese burger w/ fries) The surprise here is that they also serve a great breakfast, eggs, bacon, toast, potatoes, beans & coffee for 65 pesos, quite good. Derby City burger had the best burgers at a good price. Their burgers are just as good as Serrano’s, but for 90 pesos. For a part Canadian, I was thrilled to get “Chips & Gravy”. The new restaurants above Apache Bar on Olas Altas, JB’s was a surprise. Good fish tacos and Mexican food at reasonable prices. We also tried Los Muertos Brewing Co. for beer and Plaza. The pizza is one the best in PV. The beer that he brews is not to my liking, but he does offer bottled beer for those people that want it. After 18 years in PV we finally went to Lindo Mar and La Playita. We have booked a room for next May and wanted to try the restaurant. As all the reviews on this site have concluded, it has a wonderful view from the deck and the food was amazing. True to form, the Marg’s are great. Can’t wait to spend one week there next year. We missed going to Que Paso for Friday night Fish and Chips and didn’t get a chance to see JR, a must next year. Spent a number of nights with David at Andale’s and still can’t get Sally out of my head. Linda and I concluded that we like the new Malicon and think it is going to be a plus for PV. The new pier is different and I miss the “feeling of the old pier”, but the flashing lights did not bother me too much. We could see the lights flashing from our third story condo at Plaza Mar. One of the best things about staying at Plaza Mar (306) is the view from the balcony. They have really done a great job with the park and the activities are numerous. Friday and Saturday nights they have entertainment from small shows to bands We would get up in the morning for our coffee and watch the one hour Zumba/jazzercise class’s going on(maybe next year we will join in) In the afternoon,small children and teenagers spend their time skateboarding or just mingling. It’s a great place to sit and people watch. Which is why we enjoy our time in PV. Counting the days until next May. To those of you that will be going down in the next few weeks, enjoy and send reviews so the rest of us can enjoy PV while we are stuck at home.

Danvers...
Level Contributor
901 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

Thanks for your trip report. I enjoy reading reports. You can always pick up something different to try.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
12,050 posts
466 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

Thanks for sharing. We enjoyed our stay at Lindo Mar lots, very Mexican feel , small, quaint, great balcony view and we ate there quite a few times and enjoyed it. The pool is tiny but the resort is very small itself. Enjoy your future travels.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,109 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report

Thanks for sharing your report. I love reading them! Lindo Mar is going to be very crowded in May. See you there!

Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report

Thanks for the report. We will be at the Lindo Mar next week for a 2 week stay and then again in May for three weeks. Can never get enough of that place. Hope to meet up with you.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report

Loved your report and it made me hungry:)

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report

I've stayed in 306 and I also enjoyed watching the goings on in the park, I know some people don't like the extra noise and activity, but I do like it.

That's nice to hear about JB's, I didn't go this trip but I still want to try it next time. I like Fish Tacos, maybe that would be the thing for me to try first. Thanks for your report.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report

See you next year for sure :)

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
228 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report

Thank you so much for taking the time to share a Trip Report! I loved reading it. It's always so fun to hear about what others do and enjoy on their PV vacations. :-)

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
763 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report

We also enjoyed Casa Rolex (Plaza Mar 306) a few years back. Last year walking by we noticed construction happening on the building next door and where curious if it was completed. It seemed to be at the same 3rd story level beside the balconey . Nice post and we hope to revisit the area.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,442 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report

richard great report---to the point and a lot of info----wish i could do that--my reports go on forever!

i'm glad you tried la playita--what a view, huh?----glad you had a blast