We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia puerto Vallarta

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yukon, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Melia puerto Vallarta

We have booked our trip to the melia in February. I have a few questions.

Can we do our own laundry at the melia?

Is there somewhere close by or on site that we can buy beach toys for the kids? Cheaply?

Are there small fridges in the rooms where we can keep water and snacks?

Do massages at the spa cost extra? How far in advance do you have to book?

Any other bits of info about this resort appreciated! We are travelling with a 3 year old and a 5 month old.

Alberta Beach...
Level Contributor
134 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia puerto Vallarta

You're going to enjoy the Melia with your family. The baby/kids club sounds perfect for your little ones. It is one of the only resorts with a baby club. It is free during the day with certified babysitters if you want a break for an hour or two :). It also has a great outdoor playground that you can use at any time of the day. We are visiting it again in 2 weeks for the 2nd time. I can answer a couple questions:

There are mini fridges in every room with 2 beer, pop, and water. They are re-stocked daily. We plan to head to Walmart (that is only a 10 min ride away) to get juice, sand toys and snacks for our kids after we get there.

All Spa Treatments, including massages are an extra cost. Not sure how much in advance you have to book. A few in our group plan to have the beachfront massages this time. There is also a speciality coffee café that is not included in the AI.

The pool is fantastic at this resort for children, as it has 2 zero entry sections. A very family friendly resort, have a great trip!!!

victoria canada
Level Contributor
581 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia puerto Vallarta

Yes there is laundry on site, down by the gym. You need to get special coins from the front desk, (cost) and they supply the soap. Take a couple bounce sheets with you, not only do they make your suitcase smell nice you'll need them for the dryer. There gas and VERY hot, so lots of static. You'll enjoy it here, nice staff!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melia puerto Vallarta

There's a Supermarket in Plaza Marina, no need to go all the way to Walmart.

Alberta Beach...
Level Contributor
134 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melia puerto Vallarta

Thank-you JRinPV , that's where I'll be going instead! :)

Alberta Beach...
Level Contributor
134 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melia puerto Vallarta

Sorry to bug you, but is it walking distance?

Alberta Beach...
Level Contributor
134 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Melia puerto Vallarta

Looked it up on the map, I do think I'll won't walk there. lol ... But thanks again, I'm definitely going there instead! :)

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Melia puerto Vallarta

Take an easy stroll, catch a taxi back for 40 pesos :)

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Melia puerto Vallarta

LoJoAlbertaBeach - do you have a map of the marina & businesses? We are staying at Melia in March... first trip to PV and can't wait :)

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,517 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Melia puerto Vallarta

Yes you can walk to the Marina Plaza but with bundles best to take cab back...nice walk, nice area. We have done it many times.

Great resort for families with kids. Mini frig in rooms...

massages are extra fee and how far in advance depends on how busy they are..I had no trouble booking a day ahead but was in July I think..

Feb. might be busy, so could be issue with poolside chairs...and or lines for dining...but think will be fine..

Make sure you get size room you booked...

Enjoy!

Alberta Beach...
Level Contributor
134 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Melia puerto Vallarta

Hi anywherebutthere123,

I just googled Map of "Puerto Vallarta Marina" and tons came up :)