We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South side condo question

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
South side condo question

I will be there in Dec. with kids in tow, but I am going back later to look for a place to either buy or rent for a few months in the winter. I have toured a few places and will be touring more, but one question I have that maybe the experts could answer? I want a place where the pool gets lots of sun. I have looked at Paramount, which seemed shadowed in mid day, even Molino appeared shadowed most of the day. I don't need to be right on the beach, but would like a good view and close enough to town to walk to restaurants. I don't want to be in Marina or Hotel Zone. Looking in 500K and below range. Thanks anyone, I would appreciate suggestions.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,931 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South side condo question

You don't say how many bedrooms you want, but right off the top of my head, two places come to mind and those are Plaza Mar and Vista del Sol because their pools are on the roof. Plaza Mar has a few 2 bedroom units and a very small pool. Vista del Sol has almost all 2 bedroom units and a large pool. I have heard there might be one 3 bedroom unit at Vista del Sol.

I think many of the brand new condo buildings in town have roof top pools.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: South side condo question

Check out the La Palapa condos. Big rooftop pool, and easy for you or the kids to run back and forth from the beach to the pool to the apartment throughout the day. Used to be our preferred place to stay when the kids were young. Units vary in quality but I've toured spacious corner units that are very comfortable. The pool at the El Dorado condos faces west and gets sun throughout the day as well.The pool at the Loma del Mar is huge, and certainly sunny but you may be looking for a more upscale atmosphere if you like Paramount and Molina de Agua. Of course we always choose the Olas Altas area over other locations in PV.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: South side condo question

Thank you guys for your answers. I am looking for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath, nothing huge. I do like nice, am a bit concerned about the condos right on the beach as I don't want a complex that is mostly investment and vrbo type condos. Would prefer a more stable clientele. Hope that makes sense.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,074 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South side condo question

You might try Loma del Mar or Copa de Oro. Both have lovely, sunny pools. Many residents live in the complexes full time. Neither are on the beach, but are just a couple of blocks away.

Danvers...
Level Contributor
901 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South side condo question

I also like Copa de Oro. The two bed two bath was large and spacious. Quiet location but steps away from all the action.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,316 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: South side condo question

Also check out V399 on I. Vallarta right around the corner of Basilio Badillo and I.V. Address is 399. How novel. ;=))

It's a new building (circa about the age of M de A) --- we first spotted it 18 months ago from the dining terrace at Casa Isabel and got curious about it so went to check it out. We liked some of the same things you mention ---- great location and the rooftop pool and terrace has some wonderful (sunny) views.

Additionally, it seemed to be quieter than some of the condo complexes on the beach PLUS (important for me) ---- no hills to walk there. There is not much through traffic in that area as I. Vallarta stops right in front of it. No buses go by. You can walk to Steve's Bar or Vinos America (and dozens of other places, of course) in 2 minutes.

The problem might be that I think it recently sold out but if you're renting (as you say you might), that might be a possibility. I'd guess also that many of the people who just bought are planning to live there half or full time (less VRBO) and maybe one might come up for sale again, with the project being newly completed. There aren't too many 2-bedrooms though.

Agreed on Paramount Bay. You can't really walk to town or wander around the area --- you need a car or the bus. My friends live there (rent) in the penthouse and I find the place sterile, especially with all the controversy of the way they built it, with the original building having views and the second building blocking the first building's views. Huh?

Good luck in your search. When we checked out V399, we thought it would be perfect for us, if we were buying (which we weren't, unfortunately).

7. Re: South side condo question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 November 2013, 18:33
Edited: 16 November 2013, 18:33
cheyenne
Level Contributor
839 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: South side condo question

Sorry, I posted a question while reading this. I am sorry I messed up this question sequence.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,126 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: South side condo question

We stay at Vista del Sol as renters. Many many of the owners occupy their own units for sev months at a time....usually during the Oct. - March/ April time frame. Yes, there are also many weekly and monthly rentals by people like ourselves who come at the same time throughout the year. The pool has a 360 view of PV and there is more than enough sun.....i seek out the shade after a bit.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,276 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: South side condo question

The problem of sun is partly one of geography and topography. You have the Sierra Madres Occidental (mountains) blocking the sun much of the day in many parts of the Vallarta area, and also, as you go north west, you can have sun more of the day. The problem with Molina de Agua is that the pool is nestled beside the building itself, which blocks the sun except when it is facing directly at it (from the west), mostly in the late afternoon.

My advice is to rent in one of the buildings suggested above and ask around. . Try to talk to residents when you are there. But, quite frankly, I don´t think you are going to find a condo in which there are a majority of resident owners--even in the Marina or Hotel Zone. If you want a community, you need to buy a free-standing house. Condos in Mexico are mostly for investment or vacations. Of course there are exceptions.