We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort to fit us....

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,653 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
Resort to fit us....

Have been to PV 2 other time once with DD and the other with DD and DH in the past few years. Have only stayed at Crown Paradise.

This trip will just be a girlfriend and myself...Have not done this in probable 20+years !!!

I'm looking into other locations ..so destination is not set yet...

I usually do mid range in resorts.. but this is my girlfriends first timeout of the US and she wants to do it up :)

She has an unlimited budget ...but I don't.

This is what I'm looking for

$1500-1700 pp

traveling dates Late Jan. Late Feb of early March

7 nights

All-inclusive

Does "not" have to be adult only

MUST HAVE "Great" food and drinks

Ocean front room

nice pool area

clean rooms

We will be mostly just soaking up the sun and reading Oh and can't forget drinking and eating :)

What are some thought...

Thanks, DC

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort to fit us....

You can try the new Now Amber/Secrets resort. (Secrets side is adults only) or the Sunset Plaza Beach that are both in town. If you go north about 45mins. to Nuevo Vallarta where they have great beaches that you can walk for miles, try the Riu Palace Pacifico (which will give you access to the Riu Vallarta and Riu Jalisco as well) or the Dreams Villamagna. Both are great on wonderful beaches.

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort to fit us....

I'm assuming the price range you gave does not include airfare, correct? Garza Blanca that time of year is probably out of your price range so i will leave it to others to respond - the reason i say GB is they just have the most gorgeous pools & beach, so for just soaking up sun & reading plus their great food, would be a wonderful fit - if you don't plan on spending much/any time in town, maybe nuevo Vallarta would better fit your price range -

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,145 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort to fit us....

You should be able to get a standard deluxe room at Sunset Plaza all-inclusive including air for approx. $1,800 pp, Now Amber / Secrets will be higher; the Marriott, Hilton and Westin in the $1,600 range. Sunset Plaza has luxury accommodations and all ocean front rooms with large balconys, good food (all ala carte, no buffet) and drinks; adults only pool, adults only Jacuzzis on the 2nd level, main pool w/swimup bar and plunge pool... definitely worth the splurge, and not that much more to upgrade to a 1 bedroom master suite!

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort to fit us....

Look at Villa Premiere. The beach isn't the best but for soaking up the sun and just being generally spoiled, it works. Walking distance to town is a plus. Sorry haven't got a clue as to cost for your time frame.

Would say the same for Dreams but not sure what it will be like once it changes ownership. Just under 2 years ago (last AI trip) it was very satisfactory altho we did not get spoiled the way we were at Villa Premier.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,653 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort to fit us....

Married 11...lot of choices :)

Yes ..LOPO ..this is to include airfare !!! I just got back from Punta Cana and planning a trip to Disney in the spring...this trip was just an extra for me....This is why I do don't unlimited funds :(

JNS .... Yep read your review for sunset...this resort is on the possibility list..

Clay ..have not looked into as of yet VP

DC

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,653 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort to fit us....

Clay ...just checked out VP....this is also added to my list !!!

Only 83 rooms....love that !!

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,442 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resort to fit us....

Disney--you will like the ease with which you can walk to town if you stay at vp and you can also go non ai if you should decide--many restaurants in the area

Edited: 19 November 2013, 00:15
8. Re: Resort to fit us....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 05:18