We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ley's hot food bar

Seattle
Level Contributor
45,297 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Ley's hot food bar

I need to send out a huge "thank you" to whoever(s) it was on this forum that recommended the Ley's grocery store deli, prepared hot food bar, and bakery. That was one excellent piece of advice. Cheap, fresh, delicious, and very handy.

I had a frig and kitchen to store and reheat things, but would work for single meals even for someone in a hotel room.

From the deli I got sliced ham and cheese. From the bakery rolls and pieces of cheese pie. From the hot cases (self-serve) on different days a chicken stew, beef stew with carrots, shredded spiced beef for sandwiches, even a breakfast scramble one morning with eggs, onion, ham. Prices for a serving were only 10-25 peso. soooo... muchas gracias, from suze

Red Deer, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ley's hot food bar

Where is it?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
726 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ley's hot food bar

That was probably me - I have been raving about the hot food they have there. I am glad someone looked it up.

Seattle
Level Contributor
45,297 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ley's hot food bar

Ley's is on the main drag (Ave Mexico) at Uruguay. So north-ish Centro or Hotel Zone I guess you'd call it. Coming from downtown after Hotel Rosita but before you get to the Buenaventura, inland side of the street.

Seattle
Level Contributor
45,297 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ley's hot food bar

shelyjenkins, then one big GRACIAS to you. i ended up having meals from there a bunch of times. Was nice to have 'real food' back at the apartment in case i didn't feel like going out (again) in the evenings.

Seattle
Level Contributor
45,297 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ley's hot food bar

Or you can find the exact location on the www.vallartainfo.com maps.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,545 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ley's hot food bar

Some fond (but getting distant) memories of our shopping at Ley's.

We stayed at Hotel Rosita for three weeks in December 2003, and celebrated Christmas dinner out on our balcony -- with a bbq chicken, green rice, bread, pastries, and wine purchased at Ley's (on Christmas Day).

They had several hot trays of stuff & such back then, and it sounds like it's expanded to even more.

Fond memories!!

Seattle
Level Contributor
45,297 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ley's hot food bar

It's now in a long hot case/steam table type set up, behind sliding glass doors, that you open to serve yourself. There are 3 sizes containers, you fill them, then hand them to the lady at the end behind the scale. She puts the lids on, weights them, prices them for you.

Ontario's...
Level Contributor
302 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ley's hot food bar

Thanks for the tip re Ley`s. Its on my list for a few cheap lunches. I have been there but always buy heavy stuff (booze) & its a long walk back to Vallarta sun suites/hotel with that. Lunch it is. This trip is starting to sound better than my last! Gracias.

Seattle
Level Contributor
45,297 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ley's hot food bar

There's always taxis waiting outside Ley's. It's 50 peso back to the southside.

Ontario's...
Level Contributor
302 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ley's hot food bar

Suze. 50 Pesos is an appy @ Coco Tropical during HH. I love to walk & use a back pack so its no biggie. A quick beer on the way back @ Sea Monkey & Life is Good.