We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car seat? Need stroller for sure

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
999 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Car seat? Need stroller for sure

Our 1yr old grand daughter will be coming down with her parents to stay with is in March & I'm wondering if they NEED their (or a) car seat. I told my daughter she doesn't have worry about that in PV but would like confirmation of my thinking. We'll need something for baby to sleep on & a stroller as well. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,895 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car seat? Need stroller for sure

I thought that I have read here previously that car seats are not required in Mexico. I also remember someone mentioning that some taxis do not have seat belts in the rear seat to secure a car seat.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
999 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car seat? Need stroller for sure

Yes, senornobo I thought I read that too but not sure how old that post was & my daughter looked at me like I was crazy when I told her they didn't need the car seat! Lol Just wanted to double check & see if anyone with kids can give me some input.

Thanks for your reply:-)

Terre Haute, IN
Level Contributor
354 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car seat? Need stroller for sure

Yes! Your granddaughter will need a car seat. Accidents happen and that's why children need the added protection. It may not be required in Mexico, but it is definitely needed. A child's safety trumps the adults inconvenience.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car seat? Need stroller for sure

My kids are 11, 8, 2 and a baby and we go to Mexico (all different areas) 3 times a year. We never take car seats. And yes I realize that they are safer but we take local transportation and there is just no way to ensure it is installed properly and there is no room for it on the bus, etc. so we don't take it. To each their own, but we enjoy going to small out of the way places. We just hold the littles ones.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
999 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car seat? Need stroller for sure

They'll only be using the taxi from airport to condo & probably use the bus otherwise.

What about stroller, crib, etc is there a place I can rent those?

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car seat? Need stroller for sure

I do definitely bring a stroller. A smaller/medium one that has a shade and a small under carriage, but one that folds up easily for the plane/bus/etc. Not a cheap umbrellas stroller where the wheels will go everywhere. Every hotel/condo I"ve stayed at has had a crib/pack and play to sleep my babies. I would ask before you think about hauling one.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
999 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car seat? Need stroller for sure

We have a fold up stroller but I was hoping we could rent one. Thanks!

I'll ask the condo owner.

Prince George...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car seat? Need stroller for sure

I rented a high chair and playpen from lots for tots. Great to deal with and they delivered right to our condo. The items were there upon our arrival

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
999 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car seat? Need stroller for sure

Thank wendybikermom!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Car seat? Need stroller for sure

I don't take critters with me but I saw a combo stroller/car seat on Amazon that seems like a good idea.