We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale Tour's

Austin TX.
Level Contributor
268 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Whale Tour's

I've read that the whale's are down in the bay already, are the tour's taking place , I'll be arriving this Sunday,thanks

West Bend, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
241 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whale Tour's

I would think they are going out every day, season has started.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whale Tour's

I don't know if someone has told the whales yet, but I believe the watching season started on the 4th of Dec. and lasts somewhere into the later part of Feb..

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whale Tour's

Ocean friendly and Superior tours conduct very respectful outings to view these magnificent animals

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whale Tour's

The official whale watching season starts in 2 days on the 8th Dec.

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,767 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whale Tour's

When does the whale watching season end? We won't be back in town until 15th march.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,486 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Whale Tour's

Usually around the 3rd week of March (I think last year it was March 23rd but don't quote me). You might get in just under the wire, but I'd book in advance of the trip to make sure you get a tour.

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,767 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whale Tour's

Thanks Jen. I recall you mentioned 23 march in october. My friend is quite excited to get the chance to see the whales up close.

A number of years ago I saw a few real close when they just appeared around the sailboat we were on. When I say close it was with a couple of feet. It was as if they were checking us out.

Amazing.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,486 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Whale Tour's

You may be able to still see them in the bay after the 23rd, but not from a licensed tour as that's usually when the permit flag runs out for the season.

But if you happen to be on a sailboat out there, chances are still good you'll catch some before they start heading north again. They are truly majestic. (-:

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,767 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whale Tour's

I'll book early in the trip. We hit the beach on 15 march.

Topeka, Kansas...
Level Contributor
199 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Whale Tour's

another vote for Ocean Friendly....Oscar was a fabulous guide.