We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anything vaguely similar to BC Growers Cider in PV?

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Anything vaguely similar to BC Growers Cider in PV?

Weird question,I know. I am hooked on Growers blackberrry cider;I know they aren't available south of the border,but wonder if there is a brand of something,or a drink or cocktail,that I might like to try. I don't drink beer,and sometimes get carried away with the pina coladas and pay for it,lol. Anything we could pick up in Sorianas,or have the bartender make at the Holiday Inn resort?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anything vaguely similar to BC Growers Cider in PV?

The Cork & Bottle store at Los Mercados on the south side may be able to help.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anything vaguely similar to BC Growers Cider in PV?

Thanks,JR;any other info from anybody? lol

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anything vaguely similar to BC Growers Cider in PV?

bump

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,488 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anything vaguely similar to BC Growers Cider in PV?

I actually liked the White Grape BC Growers Cider the very short time it was out :(

I have never seen anything like BC Growers Cider all the times I have been in Mexico or the States.

I am thinking you like the bubbles as much as I do? Best bet? Ask for a Beergarita (half light beer half lime margarita) but make sure you drink a full glass of water after each one :)

They are light, so refreshing and then OMG you are on your A** before you know it.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anything vaguely similar to BC Growers Cider in PV?

I found coolers and I believe the brand was Caribe. There were at least 6 different flavours, my fav was mango. Never found any bar serving them but the Oxxo's, Guadalajara Pharmacia and Leys had them.

Comox BC
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anything vaguely similar to BC Growers Cider in PV?

Really? A Valley girl and you want Cider? I'm just sooo embarrassed. Tequila, Fresh OJ or simply Cerveza but please not fruity cider stuff. Us Valley folks are made of sterner stuff than that aren't we. ?? :)) Enjoy your time in PV!

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anything vaguely similar to BC Growers Cider in PV?

okay,okay,WCGal;calm down,lol;I just thought someone might mention something that sounds interesting.Usually have pina coladas,seem to favor blender drinks when in tropical climes :) Guess I better not mention a "Lava Flow"unless I'm going to Hawaii,lol.

Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Anything vaguely similar to BC Growers Cider in PV?

I hear ya frisky, I'm a fan of Pomegrante Cider.

I think it's one of those things that for now we will crave while away from home. So many times sitting on the beach in PV I would be thinking how much a nice cold cider with lots of ice would taste right now.

I also love California Cooler Orange but have yet to see it in PV. it's the only orange cooler made with real OJ, I like to think its a great source of vitamin C! Lol

Strongbow Cider is about the only thing that I have seen In PV that would come close but I do not like it, it's very Malty. Pretty sure it was one of the big supermarkets that I saw it at, Walmart or Mega.

Good luck in your search and I will be watching this in the hopes someone will have a good alternative suggestion!

I bet a line of Mango, Papaya, or Jicama ciders/coolers would do well in Mexico!

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,933 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anything vaguely similar to BC Growers Cider in PV?

How about vodka (or rum or tequila) with pineapple juice & soda water? That's my standby cocktail if I'm not having a margarita. Or how about a mango (or other fruit) margarita if the bar's using fresh fruits?

I can't drink pina coladas myself (just too thick and milky tasting in the heat)!

suze

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anything vaguely similar to BC Growers Cider in PV?

Thanks,peeps,for the various suggestions :) I also like frozen blender drinks,but not sure what all is out there. list,anyone?