We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casamagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort and Spa

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Casamagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort and Spa

HI,

I am trying to find a hotel to go to and was looking at the Marriott, but it seems very close to the airport. No-one seems to mention it though. Can you hear the planes?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
151 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casamagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort and Spa

The hotel is located close the airport and near the marina however, noise from airplanes is not an issue. Both Marriott and Garza Blance are nice properties. Garza Blanca is a smaller hotel that is secluded and will most likely be a bit more quiet and romantic while the Marriott will cater more to families etc. Both properties will require you to take a taxi or bus into town. However, the Marriott is located within walking distance to the Marina which offers a number of restaurants suitable for breakfast etc. As loyal Starwood members, when we stay at the Westin which is just down from the Marriott we typically walk to the Marina for breakfast, have lunch by the pool at the hotel and we go into town each nice for drinks and dinner.

You may also want to consider Villa Premier or Secrets. Both are adult only. Villa Premier is a smaller hotel with approximately 80 room and Secrets is a larger property but also newer. Both located on the north side of town but walking distance to the malecon and many of the restaurants etc. Villa Premier offers both an all inclusive or European plan while Secrets is all inclusive. We prefer the EP as we love exploring the town and the wonderful restaurants. I hope this helps and you have a wonderful trip to Vallarta!

Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,579 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casamagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort and Spa

If the beach is important, the beaches south of town are much better, with clearer water.

Seattle
Level Contributor
48,092 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casamagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort and Spa

It's a beautiful hotel. It's in The Marina. While not far from the airport I never noticed plane noise. I love the layout of the open air lobbies, the huge spacious pool area, the overall feel of the place. I've only stayed there once, and years ago (the airlines put us up there in a weather delay) but it is a very nice place. I think it doesn't get mentioned much on this forum only because it's in The Marina (which is 15-20 mins from downtown).

suze

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
4,363 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casamagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort and Spa

I don't know why everyone is giving advise on other hotels & other beaches etc.

I assume you are a grown up & have done your research & have come up with a very legitimate concern so did the right thing & came here to find out? Well done!

The planes at the airport are not a concern & we very rarely hear them. The reason I say rarely is because about 1 day a month ? the planes seem to take off in a different direction? & that day I hear 3 or 4 planes taking off in the afternoon. Not a huge problem but enough that I notice it.

If you need info on other locations, hotels, beaches etc please repost with new request.

Have a great trip! I see more & more Aussies coming this way ?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
151 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casamagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort and Spa

Ian, I don't know why people get on this forum and become so judgmental, persnickety and feel the need to lecture those who are doing nothing more than try to help.

"If you need info on other locations, hotels, beaches etc please repost with new request." Did someone appoint you as the head moderator for this forum?

You spent three of your paragraphs condemning, lecturing, condescending and instructing others. Really? It must be nice to be so perfect. Well done!

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
4,363 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casamagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort and Spa

The OP asked a specific question.

I suggested reposting for other subjects because expecting info on other resorts, beaches etc while under the heading of Casamagna & plane noise wouldn't get them the right response.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,943 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casamagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort and Spa

HI Sher and Jase: We stayed at Casa Velas in the Marina, and went to the beach club which is just next door to the Marriott and there is absolutely no problem with noise.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,472 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Casamagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort and Spa

On occasion in the marina area you might hear a plane take off, but it's rare.

9. Re: Casamagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort and Spa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2014, 05:18