We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meeting restraunt or bar

Grande Prairie...
2 posts
Save Topic
Meeting restraunt or bar

We are meeting others at the PV airport. All arriving from different places. What bar or restaurant would be easiest to meet at before getting transportation to hotels

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,799 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meeting restraunt or bar

Welcome to trip advisor.

Not sure of the name but after you exit the shark tanks and go past the taxi booths if you turn and go in the opposite direction, you will see a bar with some tables just ahead.

Since this is your first post, I would suggest you check the FAQ's in the upper right (especially the ones about airport taxis and also the time share sharks). Have the others in your group read these too.

Edited: 10 December 2013, 16:02
Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,768 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meeting restraunt or bar

If you follow the directions given: make a U turn after passing the rental car booths and go back the direction you came from but on the other side of the glass wall. Near the domestic arrivals area is a big restaurant/bar called Flaps. It's never crowded and is right near a taxi ticket booth.

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meeting restraunt or bar

Senorbobo, nailed it if you want to sit in A/C comfort, if you want the sun on your face ? walk straight out the exit doors & 40 ft straight ahead is an OXXO store with patio seating, here you can go inside & buy snacks/beer/pop, etc

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,924 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meeting restraunt or bar

There's only one. Little bar/restaurant in the arrivals area of the airport. Other possibility, as already mentioned, you could meet outside in the parking lot at the new OXXO (convenience store) there are a bunch of picnic tables there.

suze

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,768 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meeting restraunt or bar

Suze, there are several places in the arrivals area. Most international visitors don't see Flaps since it's near the domestic arrival area. There's a quite small place closer to the international arrivals, near the restrooms.

Oxxo isn't a bad option, either.

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,924 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meeting restraunt or bar

Thanks for the correction. You are right the bar I'm picturing is the one near-ish the restrooms where you come out from international arrivals.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
740 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meeting restraunt or bar

In departures, go up the escalator there is a carls rj at the top and further down a wings restraint/bar and a Starbucks. Lots of choices.

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meeting restraunt or bar

I just want to get outside in the sunshine as soon as I arrive so the new OXXO works great for us.

Also it's not fun dragging your luggage all over the airport. Flaps is OK but Wings or Carl's Jr. on upper deck after a 6 hr flight ? Not me!

By the way all of this only applies if you land during daylight.

Hope the meet up goes well.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,955 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Meeting restraunt or bar

The upper departures level is a LONG walk from the international arrivals area, and they'd pass several other options on the way there. It wouldn't be my first choice as the later arrivals need to be able to find you easily...something closest to the glass wall outside the timeshare tank would be my first choice, as then someone in the group can keep going up to that area to look for the rest of the group.

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,924 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Meeting restraunt or bar

To me would depends how far apart your flights all are. If they aren't within 1 hour of each other, I'd just have each group go on to the hotel/resort and meet up there later on.

suze