We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas

I am spending the week of Christmas with my two teenagers in Puerto Vallarta (staying at the Sheraton). Any suggestions for a good place to eat on either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day morning? Things to do to make the trip/holiday a memorable one? Are there any special events such as music concerts etc?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas

I'm sure there will be some stuff going on on the malecon, but Joe Jack's Fish Shack and Los Muertos Brewing in Old Town will be open all day and are both great/fun spots to eat and hang out.

2. Re: Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 December 2013, 04:56
3. Re: Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 December 2013, 13:51
Edited: 13 December 2013, 13:51
Prince George...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas

Que pasa has a great event on Xmas eve with Santa handing out toys to the neighbourhood kids. It's a great thing to share with your kids. I am sure JR won't mind chiming in with the details

United States
Level Contributor
9,719 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas

First off I would make sure you attend the fantastic Sunday buffet brunch at the Sheraton. Not only does it present a great buffet, the dynamic Joya de Mexico professional mariachi band plays at it. We paid $35.00 per person and so worth it. But since you are staying there, is it cheaper, or even free? Make a reservation. We just ate there 2 weeks ago. Amazing!

Another special place to try would be to have dinner at Hacienda San Angel. Located downtown near Gringo Gulch....they present a really class act in ambience, food, presentation, professionalism...I could go on and on. I'm sure they have a special menu for .Christmas. I've had dinner there once as well as breakfast. The view is to die for and you are up close and personal to Guadaluoe Church. The open aired small dining facility is dramatic in the fact of where it is situated with tile stairs, manicured lawns, rock ways, little trails to various areas, 3 decorative small pools, statues, antiques, cascading flowers, candles everywhere. Just so much ambience. Has a well re-nown chef as well. Every detail is accounted for in this experience We will be going back in April. You will need a reservation.

You could make a visit to Casa a Hogar Orphanage. We went there with big hearts. Go to Wallmart and stock up on what they need from a list they provide. Then deliver and play with the children. We played with all of them, held the babies, and took lots of photos. They will also give you a tour of the facility. It was the highlight of my trip.

Puerto Vallarta
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas

From Que?Pasa's web site http://www.quepasavallarta.com/

Que?Pasa loves Christmas - and we love to make it special for all the children in our barrio. This is why we have the Que?Pasa Toy Drive. We are asking all our friends to bring in a toy and place it beneath our Christmas tree. These toys will then be given out to the kids on Christmas Eve by Santa, Mrs. Claus and their helpers.

We start every year with Santa and Mrs. Claus walking around the neighborhood handing out candy and inviting all the kids to join us at Que?Pasa. Then, while the adults party inside, enjoying Christmas Ham and Live Music we'll have a number of pinatas for kids of all ages. Finally, the children will line up outside our doors to receive their toy. This is a beautiful tradition that is very dear to everyone at Que?Pasa and our neighborhood. Our customers have never let us down donating loads of great toys every year. Still there always seems to be a few more children than toys. We can never get enough.

Please help us and drop a toy off for the local children at Que?Pasa prior to December 24 or donate here to our PayPal account. Its beautiful how such a small thing does so much for the beautiful children.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,691 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas

jr---post number 6 doesn't sound like you---have you been cloned? i'll check to see if there are any pods in the hood.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,543 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas

iyamscifi2 .... I think JR got caught in a TA "Facebook thing".

edit to add: but promoting a great event at Que?Pasa!!!!!!

Edited: 14 December 2013, 23:55
Keswick, Canada
Level Contributor
834 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas

This is one very special place in a great neighbourhood ! My sister and brother were just there! They were quite surprised how much they liked the bar and barrio! They always travel together as I travel solo so I tend to branch out more than they! They fell in love with the place (Crazi helped I'm sure) and I asked them to donate some toys on our behalf, they did and it feels great to participate from such a distance and know you make a difference! Please give to a great cause! Cathy

Ontario's...
Level Contributor
302 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Christmas

This....is truly a great cause.