We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Vallarta airport to Real del Mar

Long Island, N.Y.
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Puerto Vallarta airport to Real del Mar

My husband & I are arriving at PVR (airport in P.V) & will be staying with friends in Real del Mar which I think is near Punta de Mita. Does the public bus stop anywhere near Real del Mar? We have very little luggage. Also can anyone advise us where is the best place to change our money?

Thanks

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,553 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Vallarta airport to Real del Mar

HI there:

1) First, yes the public bus does go right past the entrance to Real del Mar. It is just past the town of La Cruz. (The road goes up hill a bit and veers to the right towards Punta Mita which is still a ways away). Real del Mar is on your left as you round that curve. There are signs and you will note a cluster of homes. You can see these homes on your left even before you round the curve, especially the ones on a hill.

The only thing about taking the bus to Real del Mar is that someone would probably have to meet you at the gate and show you to your friends´ home. I haven´t been in, but it looks fairly spread out and complicated. Each home is different. Some are right by the wáter, others higher up.

2) As for exchanging money, your best bets are before you leave (in New York) or at an airport ATM in Vallarta. They do have Exchange booths at the airport as well, but watch the rates. I believe one is better than the other. ATMs involve less guesswork.

Edited: 16 December 2013, 00:14
Long Island, N.Y.
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Vallarta airport to Real del Mar

Thanks so much for your expertise. Coming from NY we will definitely check out the ATM rates. Thanks again.

Long Island, N.Y.
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Vallarta airport to Real del Mar

Is the bus across the overpass (highway) at the bottom of ramp & is it white or green & what location does it post on the front? Thanks

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,553 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto Vallarta airport to Real del Mar

You´re welcome.

Usually blue and white (ATM line) , but some are green and white (Compostela line).

You want it to say Punta Mita on it (there are usually other places as well). If you´re not sure, ask. All the buses to Punta Mita pass by Real del Mar so you can´t go wrong.

5. Re: Puerto Vallarta airport to Real del Mar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 06:20