We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Detour on the swinging bridges

bright
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Detour on the swinging bridges

What in the world has happened to Mexico? Since when did they start fixing things properly before they are totally broken?

I always enjoy taking the route using the 2 swinging bridges across the river by the flea market. I did notice where there was one board missing on the one bridge, and they were totally replacing all the boards on the other. That was last week. Now they are replacing the other, and taking their sweet time. Surprised they didn't replace just the broken board.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,725 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Detour on the swinging bridges

You're looking at it all wrong LOL. The way the old stuff keeps being replaced with modern in PV...like the pier for example......they could be taking the bridges down to replace with something modern. Instead they must be planning on keeping them, which I'm glad to hear. :-)

United States
Level Contributor
9,705 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Detour on the swinging bridges

I love those suspending bridges. I've really got my walk/run down now and I don't fall over anymore/or have to hang on the side ropes. I always seem to find the same old broken/missing 1-2 boards and make a big hop over those. My balance is improving each time, lol

Kansas... I am glad they are keeping them too!

Edited: 21 December 2013, 04:22
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
993 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Detour on the swinging bridges

We'll be very close to those bridges at our condo in March so I'm anxious to see the new boards! I'm sure we'll be using them often. My balance is getting better too, unless the kids are rocking the bridge!LOL Glad they're keeping them!

USA
Level Contributor
613 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Detour on the swinging bridges

I'm not sure I've ever experienced a worse sensation than crossing those bloody things under the influence of entirely too much alcohol on a blisteringly hot July day. If you like getting really dizzy and feel as though you're about to face plant for a solid 10 minutes after reaching solid land, give it a try!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Detour on the swinging bridges

If one board broke, good chance the others are also ready, so it's good planning to replace them all. Cheaper in the long run :)

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,846 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Detour on the swinging bridges

Being pro-active, & keeping local folks working. Who'd have thunk it? -haha.

Love those bridges! Fortunately never tried them under the influence... they are dizzying enough stone sober!

suze

7. Re: Detour on the swinging bridges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 04:08
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,848 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Detour on the swinging bridges

Avoided them like the plague on our last two trips (October and December) as when I got stuck on one a year ago, there were so many holes in it, with broken boards, there was no place to step. Couldn't walk across, without a huge stride, which breaks the momentum.

Under normal circumstances (and I've never done it under the influence), you can pretty much get across if you focus on the other side. Wasn't possible a year ago, with so many boards broken.

Will try again next trip, knowing repairs are underway. Thanks for the update!

United States
Level Contributor
9,705 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Detour on the swinging bridges

They say to walk in the middle. When I went on the hike with Sylvie, she was prancing across. She's the one that told me to do it in the middle. I looked at the way she was doing it and I adjusted my footage and timed mine with her precise steps (prance). She turned around really quick to try and take pictures of us on the bridge, but to no avail, because we had mastered her "steps" and were right behind her!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,848 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Detour on the swinging bridges

There is more than one bridge, Deana. You might have gotten the one with no broken boards. I know how to walk them (been doing it for years) but last year I got the bridge with huge holes in it. Sylvie probably took you on the other one.