We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now Amber or Dreams Villa Magna , ??? which would you pick??

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,749 posts
449 reviews
Save Topic
Now Amber or Dreams Villa Magna , ??? which would you pick??

Okay so I am confused a bit, nothing new.

I have that 2 day certificate from DPV, which everyone said why waste it use at another resort like Dreams VM, so I emailed them. ( DPV)

Since they are re-branding...not exactly sure what they are going to do but they have suggested Now amber and they include Secrets in there, so maybe they are giving me an option there...

So If you had a choice ( as I might) which would you pick? Or which would you suggest I pick? I am fond of both PV and NV so that does not play a part at all.

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year..

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Now Amber or Dreams Villa Magna , ??? which would you pick??

For me DVM. I found NA and Secrets to be much too concrete and not really my thing. The beaches there aren't great as you probably know, so no surprise, but DVM are great. Even though NA and Secrets are very new and modern, they just really weren't my taste. I looked at both buffets and both lunch snack bars for the same meals and they were the same on either side of the NA/Secret property, so no difference there.

Good luck in your search though:)

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,749 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Now Amber or Dreams Villa Magna , ??? which would you pick??

Thanks married, just asked hubby and he said if a choice he wants DVM, surprised he is even agreeing to go..so see what they say, going to email them now...thanks for your input. ;)

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,431 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Now Amber or Dreams Villa Magna , ??? which would you pick??

DVM is nice and the pools are large :)

I am not a fan of their semi open bathroom concept through.

We really like the Gohan Sushi roof top bar, sushi was good and it is a nice way to spend a night before and after supper just relaxing.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,702 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Now Amber or Dreams Villa Magna , ??? which would you pick??

Never been to Now or Secrets, but as you know, I am a big fan of Dreams VM. Service is top notch as is the food. As mentioned the sky bar is great and even better after the remodel.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,749 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Now Amber or Dreams Villa Magna , ??? which would you pick??

Yes senorbobo I know you are a big fan and thus I thought I would prefer to try there.

Qunicy...large pools are a plus for us :), esp since we would be looking at early Aug. so could still be lots of nationals. I am not fond of sushi but hubby is, drinks are fine with me on rooftop bar though, do they serve other eats there or no? Semi open bathroom, not sure what that exactly means but we have a large pretty open master en-suite at home so probably not an issue for us.

I am pretty sure the beach must be better at DVM than Secrets or NOW just being in NV.

I am pending a response from DVM to see what my options are...( hubby was not and i snot keen on whole thing but as others said shame to waste the certificate and I was going to make it a 5 day stay instead, like a girls trip but the prices on their web site are much higher than I wish to spend till I know of the quality, personally, etc.

I am hoping to resolve this and book the dates and be open minded and try another of their resorts. :) Will keep you all posted. For now off early morning to Puerto Vallarta on RCI trade to Villa del Palmar...no AI, but many plans, just a week.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,702 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Now Amber or Dreams Villa Magna , ??? which would you pick??

The roof top bar was remodeled and just reopened laqst week. I heard from someome that was there that the menu was also redone with additional items besides sushi but didn't get any details.

3 big pools make it very easy to find chairs. In August, even the beach pool will be comfy (as it is not heated).

Check the pics on the review pages or their website. The bathroom has double sinks, separate enclosed toilet and shower. Also has a large tub. The bathroom does not have a door. There is a curtain that you can pulll that will divide the bathroom from the rest of the suite. We don't mind it but those with older kids might find it strange.

Edited: 29 December 2013, 16:39
saskatchewan
Level Contributor
362 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Now Amber or Dreams Villa Magna , ??? which would you pick??

We have stayed at both and given the choice it would be a very tough call. If it was just for a week and I wasn't wanting to do much then Dreams for sure. Dreams staff and beach is second to none.

Both resorts are very nice , you can't go wrong with either IMO.

Edited: 29 December 2013, 18:40
Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,749 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Now Amber or Dreams Villa Magna , ??? which would you pick??

Thinking the bathroom would bot be issue for us..no kids traveling that trip..LOL.

I made an oops above said waiting to hear from DVM but meant DPV, so still waiting but did state would prefer DVM if it remains an option..

Arrived in PV this afternoon. Rain and foggy drive and then rain here about 4pm...coolish...more later, resort ( Villa del Palmar) so far is suiting our needs.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,749 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Now Amber or Dreams Villa Magna , ??? which would you pick??

Still waiting to hear back from reservations department...see what my options actually are? Have not been to either so guess either works..

10. Re: Now Amber or Dreams Villa Magna , ??? which would you pick??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2015, 06:20