We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seafood & pasta

MINNESOTA
Level Contributor
78 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
seafood & pasta

We are looking for a good resturant serving lobster and pasta. Is there anything like that? If there's not one that serves both; where would there be good lobster & sea food?

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
9,066 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seafood & pasta

lobster is a lot different in warm water than our cold water lobster. they actually are large versions of crayfish or so it seems.

that being said---mariscos polo on madero has the best seafood for the price in pv--imo.

as far as pasta goes---one of our favorites and don't laugh is the all you can eat pasta at café vayan on the corner of b badillo and olas altas. it is Bolognese and 65p.

I really never ate pasta this trip except for buying at the farmers market off of the pasta guys. hubby cooked in one night and the pasta and sauce we bought off of them was excellent.

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
4,206 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: seafood & pasta

For seafood marisco Polos or Tony's Please in old town.

I am not a fan of lobster on the west coast, lobster comes from the colder n/e coast (Maine) over here they get Langostinos(sp) or spiney lobster.

Some place might bring lobster in but I don't know of any.

Maybe someone else can post location.

Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,533 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: seafood & pasta

I would suggest Marisco Polos on Francisco Madero.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: seafood & pasta

I second Mariscos Polos as they have a really good seafood pasta dish. I can't help on lobster, as what I've seen of the west coast lobster isn't worth the trouble.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: seafood & pasta

Stick to the shrimp, :)

MINNESOTA
Level Contributor
78 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: seafood & pasta

Thanks for the information, next question is - if we want to do Mariscos Polos on Valentine evening, Will we need reservations? We will be flying in on 2/14 AM.

Winkler, Manitoba...
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: seafood & pasta

Happy lobster is a great place for seafood just tell the taxi driver, happy lobster and he will bring you there. it's a bit of the main road but they have always a couple of taxis waiting to bring you back

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: seafood & pasta

I would say making reservations would be a good idea. Valentines is on a Friday and that way you could pick a time good for you.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: seafood & pasta

Polo only has a cell number, Private Message me the time and your name and I'll reserve for you.

Seattle
Level Contributor
46,561 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: seafood & pasta

I agree about skipping the 'lobster' in PV. Stick with shrimp or fresh catch-of-the-day fish. Mariscos Polo is a good choice. I've never had a problem getting a table when I go early in the evening.