We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to eat near casamagna or should we do AI?

Level Contributor
83 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
places to eat near casamagna or should we do AI?

My husband and our two college kids will be staying in March at CasaMagna and debating wether to do AI or not? Are there a variety of places to eat within walking distance that are not too expensive? Or do you think it more worthwhile to do all inclusive? But we will be only there for 4 days and don't plan on staying at the hotel most of the time...Would appreciate all advice!

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,168 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places to eat near casamagna or should we do AI?

"But we will be only there for 4 days and don't plan on staying at the hotel most of the time."

That's the deciding statement for the advice I'll give. You'll find places to eat easily while you're out, let us know where you're planning on exploring and we can even give you some suggestions for restaurants.

In addition, your hotel is in the Marina so you'll find restaurants nearby. You can get suggestions for those too. :-)

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: places to eat near casamagna or should we do AI?

Depends on what the AI price is. We find that staying AI is totally worth it and still eat out a lot of nights. When we go non AI we realize we will spend more money, but it's just a choice we make depending on the kind of holiday we're looking for. Just the snacks, drinks,, breakfasts or lunches, etc. make it worth it. We usually eat breakfast at the hotel and go out for the day, so lunch out, or stay at the hotel and then supper out, so it just depends what your plans are.

Iowa
Level Contributor
3,363 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: places to eat near casamagna or should we do AI?

They do have awesome food there! Definitely top 3 for food out of all the 30 or so AIs I have tried!

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: places to eat near casamagna or should we do AI?

Right across the road from Casamagna is the marina board walk with dozens of stores, bars, restaurants, etc from the hole in the wall, (Lupita's) 50 pesos all the way up to Senorra Grill (just drop your wallet off on the way in) For breakfast, Mr Cream,Sticky Fingers, Paloma Dorada (50% Tuesdays), Victors (Tacumba?) All around 75 pesos.

Everybody does lunch & supper, Bachas, Buenes Aires, Portobello (pricey but unforgettable), then my fav Marisco Coleguita at the far end of the boardwalk everything on the menu 119 pesos, soup, main course, dessert, free bottle tequila on the table, Kaluha coffee to finish, 119 pesos.

Jump on the bus outside your door 7.5 pesos & 15 minutes to hotel zone, down town, south side, & you are now in to HUNDREDS of very inexpensive restaurants.

I don't know where you will find time to go back to the resort.

Have a great time, you will have a blast!!!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
391 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: places to eat near casamagna or should we do AI?

Hi I agree with the above posting it is all a matter of your choice If it were me I would see what the options were If the AI isn't too expensive then I would do daytime at the hotel and dinner on the Marina this way you get the best of both worlds and have the opportunity to try different things, I Love the Marriott will be there again in April Have fun and ENJOY

Level Contributor
83 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: places to eat near casamagna or should we do AI?

Thank you for all the great info! I checked the prices and to do the AI would cost about $300 more per person for 4 days and since this is our first time there, we may want to spend more time exploring. The important thing is if there are decent breakfast places in walking distance and seems like there are. How long does it take to go downtown, hotel zone, south side?

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,145 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: places to eat near casamagna or should we do AI?

by cab... hotel zone 10mins, downtown 15mins, southside 20mins

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,190 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: places to eat near casamagna or should we do AI?

I agree, for 4 days, I would skip the AI plan and head out to all the wonderful restaurants...as mentioned above, you will find many restaurants in Marina area or you can always jump on a bus or take a taxi to downtown or oldtown for many more choices.

Level Contributor
83 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: places to eat near casamagna or should we do AI?

Thanks for all your help! I just booked the CasaMagna EP. If anyone has suggestions for good breakfast places within short walking distance, I would really appreciate it!

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: places to eat near casamagna or should we do AI?

I already posted all the breakfast places across the road from your hotel, including prices & who/when they had specials, what more would you like ?