We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! 2 BR condo rental near town & on a nice beach

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Help! 2 BR condo rental near town & on a nice beach

We’re starting to explore options for a 2 week trip to PV in mid-fall next year, with friends. We want to be near to town but also on a nice beach – have rented a private condo at the Holiday Inn twice and might consider that again - we’d need two condos though… Alternatively we could rent a larger condo just north – at the Peninsula, Grand Venetian or Icon. What are the differences between those places in terms of overall quality, calm, views, general social life…? Are there any specific condos we should especially look at? Or should we consider a place on the south side (calm and directly on the beach)? Our overall budget for the 10 day to 2 week rental would be on the order of $1500 (for a 2-br place).

Thanks.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,421 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! 2 BR condo rental near town & on a nice beach

When in the fall? Many rents go up in November.

Edited: 15 January 2014, 04:40
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! 2 BR condo rental near town & on a nice beach

Probably the last week of October and first week of November.

We are somewhat known in PV (as good reliable renters) and I hope that we will be able to get a pretty good price for a 2-week period then. We'll be celebrating a big - special - birthday, but our budget is somewhat limited...

Edited: 15 January 2014, 04:54
Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
487 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! 2 BR condo rental near town & on a nice beach

Check PVRPV and Tango Rentals. I've used them both and would recommend them. Maybe check Airbnb too, I've never used them but they have some pretty sweet deals.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! 2 BR condo rental near town & on a nice beach

Thanks. I've been looking at possibilities on VBRO but don't know the properties (or for the southside, the general area) - the reason why I asked for the difference between the Peninsula, Grand Venetian and Icon. Any suggestions on more specific areas or complexes would be a great help...

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! 2 BR condo rental near town & on a nice beach

Me again - the $1500 was about our maximum price per week stay.

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
413 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! 2 BR condo rental near town & on a nice beach

There are plenty of options for $1,500 per week or less right on Los Muertos Beach on the southside to be found on pvrpv.com. Check it out.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help! 2 BR condo rental near town & on a nice beach

Thanks. We plan on spending alot of time in town, but are looking more for a calmer beach area - old hotel zone or south of the romantic zone (an area I know almost nothing about). But not as far south as Dreams (nor as far north as the Marina)... - easy quick bus or taxi access to the older part of town.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,921 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help! 2 BR condo rental near town & on a nice beach

I would try to find something that says it's located particularly in Conchas Chinas if you want things calmer, yet close to town. I found these two below and they both show availability, and they're in your price range.

One is Conchas Chinas and the other is on Camerones beach just north of downtown. There are only so many right on the beach in either area, so these are just examples. I've never stayed in either one.

Some owners do raise prices beginning the week of Halloween since it's becoming more popular with the local kids, but these two haven't done that yet.

north of downtown

http://www.vrbo.com/997704ha

south of town....Conchas China

http://www.vrbo.com/377691

Edited: 15 January 2014, 15:44
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,192 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Help! 2 BR condo rental near town & on a nice beach

As someone who rented at Peninsula a couple of times via a friend, I can say the condos are lovely, the beach is very nice and the staff in the building I was in were great...but there is nothing on the property to keep you there other than the pool and the in-house amenities to spoil you (like the spa or the private movie theatre). No restaurant (and very few dining options in walking distance), no amenities/activities. The guests seemed to be a mix of full time residents and the children of Mexican Nationals from the larger cities, coming in to party on weekends. It's a very peaceful and calm place (except on the noted weekends I found), but almost to the point of being catatonic...and that was in high season. In the timeframe you're talking about, I think it might be even more quiet.

I'll just throw this out there - have you looked into the units at Vallarta Shores? I mean, for a two bedroom, Vista del Sol would be my #1 pick (well run building, a good selection of units, nothing under 1500 sq ft), although with that option you do have the busy beach - even though in front of that building isn't as hectic as other areas of LM. But I do like the ideas Kansas has posed about looking for something in lower Conchas Chinas area as well, so you get the nice mix of quiet and close proximity to town.

Late October is starting to become more popular for condo rentals these days, so if you find something you like I wouldn't hesitate. Like the high season, the best places rent up fast, and first.

Edited: 15 January 2014, 16:11
Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
244 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help! 2 BR condo rental near town & on a nice beach

I've already booked two condos next year for my husbands big special birthday. Last week of Oct. first of Nov. One bedroom for a week and then a two bedroom. Found them on VRBO. They are located next door to each other on south end of Los Muertos beach. The buildings are called La Palapa and El Dorado condos. I checked their calendars and they are already getting booked up. The two bedroom has one week left Nov.6-13. Check vrbo #121677 and 104211. Check vrbo to see other condos located in those buildings or check with the owners. They may have friends who own other condos in those buildings. I wouldn't wait long though since they are already getting booked for that time next year. We just got back from staying next door to those condos and love the area. Right on the beach and close to a lot of great restaurants. Forgot to mention that the two bedroom two bath is around $1500. a week but very nice.

Edited: 15 January 2014, 16:24