We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

free wi-fi

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
free wi-fi

does anybody have a list of the bars and restaurants that have free Wi-Fi?i know lots of bars offer free phone calls to Canada and the u.s.a. so I am hoping for the same thing. thanks

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: free wi-fi

Free Wi-Fi is all over the place. The list would be pretty long. Best reception and speed I have found is Starbucks on the municipal square.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,053 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: free wi-fi

I assume you mean places where you provide your own computer? Here's a little info for you in the link below, but LOL with over 200 possible places, is there an area of town you're particularly interested in?

vallartainfo.com/…mail

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: free wi-fi

A shorter list would be the ones that don't have WiFi and free tel. calls:)

Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: free wi-fi

The list would be to long. Almost all the Restaurants & Bars offer Wi-Fli.

Oregon
Level Contributor
9,153 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: free wi-fi

It's all over the place. I just ask for a pop or something in a particular restaurant and they give me their access code.

I know Derby City Burgers has it. It pops up in my iPad when I walk by (because I entered it the first time I went there). I know the guys who own DCB and they told me if I want I can just hang out on their wall and use it anytime, LOL. But other than that I use wifi in my hotel which is free. I don't usually use wifi during the day when I'm out and exploring.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
916 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: free wi-fi

Could someone offer a suggestion that is close to the Krystal in the hotel zone. I'd rather not drag my laptop around but I have an assignment for school that I do have to check in on one of the days that we will be in PV. From what I've read the hotel internet can be very spotty.

Thanks

Sumner, Washington
Level Contributor
987 posts
383 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: free wi-fi

The Krystal is a very nice larger property would think they have wifi

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
916 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: free wi-fi

Thanks JalFan. I had read that Krystal's WiFi isn't the greatest in the rooms but great around the pool. Maybe it depends where the room is? I just need a back up plan for someplace, out of the glare of the sun, where I could work for about an hour.

Edited: 19 January 2014, 20:20
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,292 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: free wi-fi

I´m on Krystal WiFi right now, in a room.

We have our own line, but when we first got here New Year´s Eve our pones weren´t working (so our Internet wasn´t). For 3 days we used Krystal WiFi exclusively and it wasn´t bad. You learn to avoid certain times of the day when the Internet seems slow. Also the lobby is virtually always good (dark and quiet).

As back-ups there is the Peninsula Plaza right next door. Virtually every restaurant will give you their code. I used Vallarta Salads the other day on my Smartphone. Pretty good. Probably the best is Starbucks, but they´re all pretty good. Starbucks is open from 6 am until about midnight. Nice place to work.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
916 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: free wi-fi

Thanks, so much, for the information! It's a bother when real life intrudes on vacation but it's good to know I'll be able to get my work in on time!