We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Vallarta, Melia; diapers (!!) and wi-fi

Yukon, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Puerto Vallarta, Melia; diapers (!!) and wi-fi

staying at the Melia for one week with the three year old and 4 month old.

how far will it be to where i can buy diapers for the baby?? how do i get there etc.

also, does the Melia have free wifi, what is anyones experience with this?

vancouver
Level Contributor
390 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Vallarta, Melia; diapers (!!) and wi-fi

You can go to Walmart which has diapers of all sorts. Take the bus from the main road going towards Centro - the bus will have a sign for that, and get off at Walmart which will be on your left. On your right, you will see the marina. About 6 minute ride on the bus which will cost you 7.5 pesos. don't know about wifi.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Vallarta, Melia; diapers (!!) and wi-fi

Probably available at the closest OXXO, they are all over, supermarket Comercial Mexicana in Plaza Marina, which you can walk to.

Edited: 19 January 2014, 18:39
Iowa
Level Contributor
291 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Vallarta, Melia; diapers (!!) and wi-fi

The free wi fi is in the lobby area only.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,027 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto Vallarta, Melia; diapers (!!) and wi-fi

Phishin - below is a link to a map of the Marina where you'll see the Melia and the places mentioned where you can buy diapers.

vallartainfo.com/vallarta_marina_map.html

If you don't want to take the bus, you'll find cabs in front of the Melia at all times, so all you'll have to do is get in one and say "Walmart" or any ot the others mentioned. The driver will probably ask if you want him to wait while you shop, which is up to you, or you'll be able to get another cab when you walk out. Cabs are plentiful in PV!

When you arrive in PV you might be able to get an airport taxi driver to wait for you make a quick run in for diapers. Or you could even take a private transport from the airport and pay an extra fee for a store stop.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerto Vallarta, Melia; diapers (!!) and wi-fi

Internet is not automatically free even in lobby.Join Club Melia first.It is free to join online

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
3,882 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puerto Vallarta, Melia; diapers (!!) and wi-fi

Walk to Comercial Mexicana in Plaza Marina is approx 10 minutes, taxi back 50 p, there is no bus to/from Plaza Marina to Melia.

Walk to Walmart, 30 min, Marina bus to or back 7.5 p, taxi 60 p. Marina bus stops out front of Malia.

Walk down 1 flight of stairs to street level taxi sitio #22 (station) is right there, I have heard if the Melia calls down for a taxi there is a 10 p surcharge ??

My understanding there is free WiFi in the main reception area, people I spoke to there last week said it was working fine?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puerto Vallarta, Melia; diapers (!!) and wi-fi

They actually also have diapers right at the hotel shop and they have free wifi, but only in the lobby.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Puerto Vallarta, Melia; diapers (!!) and wi-fi

The wifi is definitely free in the lobby. no need to join anything.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Puerto Vallarta, Melia; diapers (!!) and wi-fi

OK,I stand corrected.They made me join first in the Melia Cabo Real and my friend had to join first in Playa Del Carmen.That is great for guests in PV Melia.I had to give My Melia number before they gave me the password

Edited: 20 January 2014, 05:30
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Puerto Vallarta, Melia; diapers (!!) and wi-fi

We were at the Melia 2 years ago and free wifi in lobby, we are going in 4 weeks and does anyone know the log on password. Thanks