We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bull Fights?

Western Quebec
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bull Fights?

Do they still have bull fights in PV? If so, is there a season (we will be there in March)?

United States
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,774 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bull Fights?

Since this thread is here, I have a question. I have never been to a bullfight in Mexico, but I have been to one in Spain. That was years ago. In Spain they donate the bulls' meat to the local hospitals. Do they do that in Mexico or no???

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Edwardsville...
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bull Fights?

It appears that they still have bullfights, as someone did a review just a few days ago.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150793-d9…

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,560 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bull Fights?

WeTravel .... new post, but if you 'open' the review, you will see the reviewer stated to TA it was based on a February 2013 experience.

JR ... can you please confirm, one way or the other, the present status of the bull ring in Vallarta? (I thought it had closed)

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
199 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bull Fights?

It was closed when we were there last year. I do believe they no longer have them.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,958 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bull Fights?

When we went to one, wayyyy back in about 1998 or so, we had heard they donated the meat "to the poor".

Not sure how good it would taste, full of adrenaline, but hey, it's a protein source... :)

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bull Fights?

The bullring is closed and the property for sale.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,560 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bull Fights?

JR ... thanks for confirming that.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bull Fights?

The ring is still there but one of our cab drivers said its been about two years since there was a bullfight.

Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
766 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bull Fights?

You know, I have mixed feelings about that.

On the one hand, I know it's considered a cruel and unnecessary sport. On the other, I feel bad that I never experienced what was a popular, cultural, local tradition. I have been a hunter, so I'm not squeemish when it comes to killing animals for food. Guess I should have gone when I had the chance.

Edited: 25 January 2014, 23:58
Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bull Fights?

I went to a bull fight in Nogales AZ many years ago. It was awful, never again. I also went hunting many times with my father. One day I held a dove in my hand that that he shot and was still alive I looked in its eyes, I would do this never again. Killing for sport or entertainment to me is a horrible thing no matter what you do with the meat.

Edited: 26 January 2014, 00:51