We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Golden Crown Paradise in Feb- few questions

Lansing, Iowa
Level Contributor
186 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at Golden Crown Paradise in Feb- few questions

We will be at Golden Crown end of Feb and I have a few questions:

Last year in Jamaica, we stayed at a resort that had a few computers people could use for free, does anyone know if Golden Crown has this available?

What is the cheapest way to call home from PV? One year in Jamaica, we bought a cell phone with lots of minutes and it was only about $50.00 US or under- would there be something like this available?

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Golden Crown Paradise in Feb- few questions

For calling home we use Majic Jack on our phone. You just download the app for free and it's free to call anywhere you have wifi. Works perfect:)

Lansing, Iowa
Level Contributor
186 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Golden Crown Paradise in Feb- few questions

darn we have old flip phones so that wouldn't work...

Chatham, Canada
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at Golden Crown Paradise in Feb- few questions

The sister resort next door that you have full use of has a room with computers you can use for $, don't know the cost, we never used them, we always went out the front lobby to the right and there was a place there with cheaper prices.

Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
700 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at Golden Crown Paradise in Feb- few questions

Crown Paradise Club next door has a room with 3 internet-wired computers. The price is 50 pesos an hour; a little less than $5 US. Golden Crown also has some sort of system where you can buy wifi time for your room, but it is not inexpensive.

Last year, I just had AT&T add international calling to my phone for 1 month, even though we were only there 11 days. I was able to call and text every day, and I think the cost was about $40. Well worth it, IMO. It beat the hassle of buying phone cards or a local phone.

Edited: 25 January 2014, 23:48
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,749 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at Golden Crown Paradise in Feb- few questions

We used to buy phone cards from the gift shop. I think it was 100 pesos for 30 minutes. They worked on the phone right out side the gift shop.

Lansing, Iowa
Level Contributor
186 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying at Golden Crown Paradise in Feb- few questions

thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
208 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying at Golden Crown Paradise in Feb- few questions

They now have free wi fi so bring your Ipad with and you can store it in your room safe....thats what we did in December.

8. Re: Staying at Golden Crown Paradise in Feb- few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 06:19