We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from puerto vallarta to cabo San Lucas, help!

3 posts
Save Topic
Getting from puerto vallarta to cabo San Lucas, help!

I'm currently in Puerto Vallarta and need to be in Cabo San Lucas for a wedding on feb 4th. I think this means catching a 'tap' bus from PV to mazatlan. Then either taking the ferry there over to la Paz or taking another bus from mazatlan to topolobampo and then taking the ferry to la Paz from there. Does anybody have any insight to which route will be better or less expensive? All and any advice appreciated!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from puerto vallarta to cabo San Lucas, help!

Not too easy by land and sea, the ferry takes all night to get to La Paz, then you'll need to bus to Cabo. It's going to take you almost two days that way. about 5 hrs by plane, but at a high cost. I've heard of a small plane service, but very expensive.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from puerto vallarta to cabo San Lucas, help!

Aerocalafia will fly you direct for around 200 USD one way.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,752 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from puerto vallarta to cabo San Lucas, help!

Bus to Guadalajara and fly from there is an option as well.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
153 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from puerto vallarta to cabo San Lucas, help!

I'm also going to cabo from PV this summer and the best option I've found is taking a bus to guadalajara and from there fly direct on volaris for about $72.00, if you don't want to bus it to gdl than you can fly from pv to gdl on aeromexico if fares are on sale about $130. Hope this helps.

Lake Mills...
Level Contributor
917 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from puerto vallarta to cabo San Lucas, help!

Check with Astrid at Superior Tours.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from puerto vallarta to cabo San Lucas, help!

Good Idea Greg, why didn't I think of that, you can reach Astrid at www.superiortoursvallarta.com/Services.html

7. Re: Getting from puerto vallarta to cabo San Lucas, help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 07:17