We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct Flight with Frontier

Terre Haute, IN
Level Contributor
317 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Direct Flight with Frontier

I'm looking for flights into PV for June. My search is showing that Frontier has a direct flight from St. Louis into PVR. I have never flown Frontier. Our previous flights out of St. Louis have always included a layover in Houston. The thought of a direct flight sounds good to me.

I hope that some on the forum have flown Frontier and can share their experience.

USA
Level Contributor
613 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Direct Flight with Frontier

I've flown Frontier to PV more than any other airline, including direct from Chicago. It's no different than anything else really...I've never been late and never had any issues. If I'm not mistaken, St Louis is a new route for Frontier. No worries.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
916 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Direct Flight with Frontier

Just be sure you know and comply with their carry-on rules. It can be $50 -$100 if you don't do online check in or if your bag has to be checked at the gate

flyfrontier.com/customer-service/travel-supp…

USA
Level Contributor
613 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Direct Flight with Frontier

I had a Frontier flight from ORD to PVR that didn't allow me to do online check-in for some reason once. Everyone had to go through the line to get their boarding passes. So, if for whatever reason the day before your flight you can't get your boarding pass to print out properly, don't be completely alarmed. It was the only time that has happened for me, fwiw.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,369 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Direct Flight with Frontier

Flying direct is the best!

Frontier is alright, nothing special over anybody else. They used to offer their progress map on the tv screen in front of your seat for free, but they don't now...so you can pay for tv and get the map which is fun to watch. You do have to pay for your checked baggage, unlike some others.

I'm mad at Frontier because they took away a lot of our non-stops from KC and I have a lot of miles. :-(

One thing...if you join their miles program....book only through Frontier because they give you the most miles. Meaning, if you book through any other site, you don't get as many miles.

Terre Haute, IN
Level Contributor
317 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Direct Flight with Frontier

It sounds like a viable option. It sounds like they're pretty tight on the checked bag rules. Which isn't a bad thing if they are consistent in the enforcement. I, also, appreciate the tip about online check-in and checking of bags.

It does appear to be a new addition. The Frontier offering to PV from my area before took an unusual route.

I must agree -- "Flying direct is the best!"

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,734 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Direct Flight with Frontier

I'm not sure if this will be in effect by June but you could call Southwest and inquire.

aviationpros.com/news/11301073/southwest-air…

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,748 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Direct Flight with Frontier

Frontier flies direct from Chicago to PV but only something like April thru September. Took them last May and have them booked again this May. Nice direct flight. Comfy seats and no problems.

Hot Springs...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Direct Flight with Frontier

Frontier is my favorite airline to fly.

9. Re: Direct Flight with Frontier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 07:22