We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking in bars

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Smoking in bars

I was just browsing some recent pictures of Pour Favor - and someone is smoking inside the bar - is this allowed? no flaming please, just want to know, so I can make the choice of going or not - cannot tolerate cigarette smoke.

canada
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking in bars

Yes, it is allowed. Just to freak you out even more.....dogs are allowed in as well, and they smoke to.

Edited: 01 February 2014, 01:09
Hood River, Oregon
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking in bars

Secondhand smoke and fur?

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking in bars

I've always seen people smoke in bars all over and when there is a no smoking rule in restaurants or hotels, they have been very lax from what I've seen.. I would just sit closer to the outside or somewhere near the window so it doesn't bother you.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoking in bars

This is why I do A/I in Neuvo..the restaurants are non-smoking. I tried staying in old-town, and hated it, I couldn't escape the smoke. too bad.. Outside or near the window isn't any better.

Edited: 01 February 2014, 04:35
Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Smoking in bars

We were not AI last year and I cannot recall any smoking in restaurants but we did not go to bars per say or we were sitting outside most of the time so it did not bother us. Just wondering about closed bars to watch the Olympics. Thanks.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Smoking in bars

The are plenty of no-smoking restaurants in town.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,025 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Smoking in bars

Yes, I agree there are plenty. How about we think of some sports bars for the op? I don't go to the sports bars much so I can't list very many that I'm positive about.

I'm about 99% positive Los Muertos Brewing doesn't allow smoking inside, and I understand they have the tv's for sports.

http://losmuertosbrewing.com/

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Smoking in bars

Thanks Kansas, we also do not go to sports bars much, I'd rather be outside but I would like to catch a bit of the Olympics, LMB is on our list to try. Smoking has never been an issue for us in PV, was just wondering about the sports bars.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,025 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Smoking in bars

Your welcome, and I hope someone will definitely verify what I wrote. But, you could always go to their facebook and ask if they'll have the olympics on and if it's no smoking.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Smoking in bars

There was no smoking at LMB in Dec