We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine!

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
BC
Level Contributor
325 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Wine!

Last year I had a difficult time finding a wine that I liked, so just wondering if anyone knows what wines would be similar to Merlot and Pinot Gris........I can drink the wine in some restaurants when I am eating but looking for something familiar to sip on at the condo. Will be there in six days!

Cheers.....

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,392 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine!

Some popular and readily available products are the Chilean wines from Conch y a Toro . I happened to notice that the Oxxo store just outside arrivals carries some of these and possibly one or two others . All the major grocers have similar choices but the convenient Oxxo gets it done right away for a dollar more than Mega and half a BC price . They also have cold beer for the ride . Cheers

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine!

In the marina area there is a wonderful wine store called La Europa. The staff there can help you with the comparisons and make recommendations. Their wine selection is wonderful and the prices are comparable to back home.

Pitt Meadows, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine!

Gran Tarapaca Reserva Merlot is a great deal at WalMart when in stock. Regular price 130p on sale 2 for 199p

Alma Mora Pinot Grigio at 110p tastes really good also at WalMart

Enjoy...we did

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine!

The Cork & Bottle in Los Mercados on the south side has some wonderful wines. :)

Ontario
Level Contributor
999 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine!

Vinos Americanos on Basillio Badillo is great if you are in the Southside.

Virginia
Level Contributor
390 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wine!

Yes Vinos Americanos has a great selection at fair prices. Open until about 9 or 9:30 pm

Edited: 02 February 2014, 03:49
Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,819 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wine!

Don't miss experimenting with Baja wines. Many are rough but some are gems. I had the pleasure of a lunch with one of the L.A. Cetto family and you can be certain the wines served were special. You're more likely to find a good Cabernet Sauvignon than Merlot and Sauvignon Blanc than Pinot Gris if you buy Mexican wine. Let us know what you find.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wine!

Cork+Bottle at Los Mercados on the southside has great wines and are temperature controlled. Plus they a;ways have bottles open for sampling. Nina really know her wines!

Qualicum Beach...
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wine!

Does the Costco location have a good selection of quality wines like they do in the U.S?

BC
Level Contributor
325 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wine!

Thanks for all the great suggestions! The sampling sounds like a good idea.......