We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite casual restaurants near Sunset Plaza Resort

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
san jose, ca
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Favorite casual restaurants near Sunset Plaza Resort

What are your favorite casual restaurants near (either walking distance or easy bus ride) to the Sunset Plaza Resort in Puerto Vallarta? Interested in good Mexican as well as healthy salad/smoothie type place as well as any other good eats.

Parksville, B.C.
Level Contributor
51 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite casual restaurants near Sunset Plaza Resort

Blake's Sports Bar was our favorite, it's right out front of Sunset Plaza on the main street.

There is a great little taco place just behind the HSBC bank across the main road, I can't remember the name.

Momma Rita's pizza , just between Plaza Pelicanos and Sunset Plaza was pretty good too

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,043 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite casual restaurants near Sunset Plaza Resort

Las Adelitas is just a few blocks away behind Caracol Plaza on fluvial for authentic Mexican and great ribs, its walkable from Sunset Plaza but we usually tax a cab.

http://lasadelitas.com

Centennial, Colorado
Level Contributor
629 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite casual restaurants near Sunset Plaza Resort

Tsunami (sushi) is close by. Also Prego's which is Italian and also serves breakfast. Both are hole-in-the-wall places with good food that are located in the Villas Vallarta Comercial Centre which is directly across the street from Plaza Pelicanos Grand, the hotel next door to you to the south. You'll have to go out to the main street and walk a block south to access this area. When you see Blake's Sports Bar you'll know you're in the vicinity.

Across the main street from Villas Vallarta is a taco stand on the corner that does a booming business and just a block south is El Tizok for great tacos al pastor. Look for the pork on a spit featured prominently in the window.

Calgary
Level Contributor
192 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite casual restaurants near Sunset Plaza Resort

Is El Tizok a taco stand or an actual restaurant?

Centennial, Colorado
Level Contributor
629 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite casual restaurants near Sunset Plaza Resort

Well, let's just say its indoors.. Very small, maybe eight tables crowded together. Think hole-in-the-wall. Follow your nose!

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,447 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite casual restaurants near Sunset Plaza Resort

Ochos Tostadas is across the main street behind the Goodyear Tire Store. Great seafood, mostly locals, friendly service.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,670 posts
448 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite casual restaurants near Sunset Plaza Resort

Already mentioned but I will second Blakes and Adelitas!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,980 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite casual restaurants near Sunset Plaza Resort

Me too, as a third. Also, I always walk to Las Adelitas. Only cab back if it's dark.

Also, if you go to Blake's, they have a lot of what I call " theme nights" (prime rib, ribs, etc.) which pack the place so, depending on when you go, make sure to get their schedule and if they are putting on a " special night," reservations are necessary. A few of us were there early last night and it was packed to the rafters and loud. Prime rib night and hockey at the same time!

I will also second Tsunami. Japanese food as good as we find in the SF Bay Area in the Asian communities.

There are some delicious little taco/burrito places going up Melchor Ocampo (cross the main drag from Sunset and walk past IMSS and turn right at Melchor Ocampo) as well as a small restaurant almost to the corner of Melchor Ocampo and Viena which has excellent breakfasts and comida corrida lunches for around 40 to 50 pesos. Easy walk from Sunset Plaza, slightly northeast. Also, new restaurant slightly north of IMSS, on the main drag ( sign easily seen from the road) called El Guacamole which some have recommended. I haven't tried it as yet.

Happy eating.

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
294 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite casual restaurants near Sunset Plaza Resort

Do any of these have carry-out? Sunset Plaza is a great place to eat on the balcony.

Suggestions near the Sunset?

10. Re: Favorite casual restaurants near Sunset Plaza Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2015, 05:22