We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April 2014 stay at an all inclusive w/kids, which one?

5 posts
Save Topic
April 2014 stay at an all inclusive w/kids, which one?

My husband and I are finally able to take our kids on a resort vacation, girls ages 11 & 10 and boy 8. I've narrowed down to PV because it hopefully will be more "family Spring breaking" friendly. I found an all inclusive deal at The Crown Paradise for a little over 3K for 5 nights mid-April. I was amazed the price didn't change when I entered only myself and my husband and then went back and entered the whole gang to test the kids free offer as it seems to always go up when I add the kids on other offers and was good for 3 kids to boot. The online reviews are mixed, so I ask you, the wise TripAdvisors what do you advise? What are your recommendations? We are a family of 5, so the regular 2 double bed room doesn't fly anymore. Crown Paradise's is one room but with a King and bunk, so that's doable (but will cut down on mine & hubby's doable time). My budget was set in my mind around 5K and flights from ABQ are running 500'ish each. We require kids activities/club and all inclusive as myson is like locus at meal times, specially a buffet. But otherwise I don't need posh accommodations, just not rundown. This will probably be the trip my kids will remember as the fun one with us. And I'm sure the last one where my husband can relax before his girls don't look like girls in their bikinis and he has look out for the boys. When that starts I'll be at the buffet with my son. Thanks and sorry for the novel, but I'm soooooo looking forward to this trip, I want it to be the best it can within our budget. -Kathy

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
167 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April 2014 stay at an all inclusive w/kids, which one?

We made the same choice we are taking our five year old grandaughter with us this time so hopefully she enjoys the Crown, sounds like a good place for kids we will be going mid june for the five nights. Will be looking forward for your review of trip enjoy.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: April 2014 stay at an all inclusive w/kids, which one?

The family room balcony at the Crown is big enough for one chair and one person out there. This is not a resort I would stay at again. Our kids loved the pirate themed pool, but they were 6 and 4, so younger. I can't imagine that 11 and 10 year olds would like this pool. I only enjoyed my stay there because we got upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite (because we had booked two rooms and asked if we gave up the two rooms if we could get upgraded to this suite). I wouldn't recommend the place. I would look at the Dreams Villamagna, Riu Jalisco (fully renoed and has suites as well) or the Holiday Inn maybe in their junior suites.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,057 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: April 2014 stay at an all inclusive w/kids, which one?

This is my giggle for the day ----- and that is a compliment to the OP.

I wish I could help you more but I haven't been to the Crown Paradise and I don't give advice on places I haven't been but I ABSOLUTELY loved your description of your maturing kids (sure made me smile) and how you intend to make memories.

Your comments reminded me of when my grand-daughter turned two --- she's part Mexican with blue eyes and dark hair and my son was a cop in DC at the time. I told him he may want to be on alert as the boys would be coming around soon. <wink> Thanks for the reminder of that phenomenon. Sure hope you have a great trip.

Don't know anything about Crown Paradise but you might want to look into Villa del Palmar, which is little closer to downtown. They have an AI option and are also well located to other places nearby for food. Having stayed there many times, it's very comfortable for a family of your size and configuration ---- with kids your age, and getting fairly good-sized rooms. I've seen many families like yours there over the years and everyone seems to be having a great time. Nice beach there. Plenty of activities.

What made me think about this is not just because I stay there a lot and see families like yours. It's that I met a lovely couple from Albuquerque in PV about 10 days ago and they were staying there with his mother --- 3 of them in a good-sized unit at Villa del Mar, which is the next-door sister resort to Villa del Palmar.

Try checking out Villa del Palmar/Villa del Mar also. They have good sized rooms and good sized terraces. There is also a huge shopping mall across the street, for fun walking and wandering with the kids, plus good groceries if you want to prepare a snack in your room.

I have no clue what the cost would be, but the Albuquerque folks I met seemed to think it worked very well for them. Have a good time. The family memories you will make sound wonderful and you're making me smile.

Edited: 16 February 2014, 18:46
So Cal
Level Contributor
8,327 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: April 2014 stay at an all inclusive w/kids, which one?

I took my granddaughter three years ago and. The vendors and waiters still ask me where she is everytime they see me. :) Enjoy the "girls" stage while you can.

I know it is in Nuevo, but you family would not have any problems hopping a bus into town. I just got this in my email today, you might want to give it a look, it sounds like the kids would love it, if it is doable budget wise.

prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11583259.htm

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,886 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: April 2014 stay at an all inclusive w/kids, which one?

Crown paradise just completed a major renovation. All rooms were redone. Buffet was completely redone. A new large infinity pool was just added as was a smaller adult only pol with a swim up bar.

Mesquite, Nevada
Level Contributor
207 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: April 2014 stay at an all inclusive w/kids, which one?

try velas Vallarta, has 2 and 3 bedroom units

Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
752 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: April 2014 stay at an all inclusive w/kids, which one?

I think Crown Paradise would be fine. Being an AI, your kids can feel all "grown up" by ordering non-alcoholic drinks at the pool bar. They have names for the kids drinks like "Spiderman" and "Pikachu", and so forth. There is also a snack bar on the beach that serves hot dogs, burgers, pizza, chicken wings, and some of the best ice cream I've ever had. It's just there for the asking. The staff also have many daily activities for kids of all ages, and the kids (and parents) don't have to worry about carrying cash (except for tips) all the time.

Believe me, with kids, AI is the way to go.

5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: April 2014 stay at an all inclusive w/kids, which one?

I am not sure how to reply individually...I usually just read people's posts.

To #1

I hope you have a wonderful time. I am sure your grandson will. The beach, pool and all his grandparents attention, he's a lucky little guy.

Edited: 18 February 2014, 15:19
San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
209 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: April 2014 stay at an all inclusive w/kids, which one?

You might want to check out the Melia. They offer a family room which has 2 queen beds and a set of bunk beads. The resort is geared towards families with younger children, with lots of daytime activities and a nightly "kids show" before the later adult show.

I think they will charge for the additional kids at that age though.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: April 2014 stay at an all inclusive w/kids, which one?

Depending on where you are booking, the Melia does have kids stay and eat free, but those are usually on packages. I just checked some and an 11, 10 and 8 would stay free, but that was with the air package, don't know if that works for you and that is with Nolitours in Canada, but just thought if they do, there may be some inn the US that do as well if you are looking there.