We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

daily pool priviledges

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
daily pool priviledges

Do any of the resort hotels (marina area) offer daily pool priviledges for non-registered guests for a daily fee?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,813 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: daily pool priviledges

You can look over to the right of this page where it says Day Passes in Vallarta and it will list several hotels/resorts. Check the hotel websites of the ones you are interested in. Also, type in Day Pass in the Search Box above your post. You will find many threads with lots of good info. Have fun and enjoy the sun.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: daily pool priviledges

Thanks Buckeye we are sure we will find what we want with your help! Much appreciated.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,140 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: daily pool priviledges

The best way is to walk in to the hotels you're interested in and either ask at reception or, in some cases where they have a security guard, ask him. Someone will either have all the details or at least a number you can call.

Virtually every single hotel has some kind of Day Pass but the details aren't on their website and it's not always easy to find the correct local phone number on the general hotel website.

Thorold, Canada
Level Contributor
961 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: daily pool priviledges

I think most hotels will do this but be aware that the price is about $30 US P/P or more (Hotelle San Marino is $30 for the day and an extra $10 if you want to stay the evening). $60 or $80 a couple can go a long way toward buying food and drink if you look around a little. You can get a real nice lunch for 10 or $12 P/P and many of the little beach bars will sell you a beverage for about 15 to 20 pesos ($1.25 to $1.75). Then you're not tied to one place, unless that's what you want.

Edited: 19 February 2014, 17:49
Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: daily pool priviledges

Some of the nicer hotels are in around $70 - 90/day per person. We did 3 of them last visit, but we had kids and wanted them to be able to use the kids club (the kids were usually 1/2 price).

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: daily pool priviledges

Playa Los Arcos offers a Day pass where most of the $ goes to your food/drink bill. If i recall it is around 25 to 30 US per person. The bigger hotels, esp. A/I offer day passes but they are as married11 said, $70 to $90 US for the day. Also check with Costa Sur.... http://www.costasurpuertovallarta.com/

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,779 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: daily pool priviledges

The "day pass" where they apply the cost to the bill at PLA is 195 pesos per person, good from 10am until 6pm. This entry includes all pool and beach privileges (beach umbrella and chaise lounge setup - tip for the beach staff doing the setup is not included).

PLA has a good family pool, and usually a staff member doing games or activities to keep the kids entertained. There is also a separated adult only pool between the family pool and the Jacuzzi tub closer to the beach, for you guys to enjoy your time as well.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: daily pool priviledges

Thanks Bean for the correct price. I knew it was one of the lesser expensive options but I could not remember exactly how much they charged. The food was not bad- and I didn't come close to the fee- so it was a good deal.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,779 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: daily pool priviledges

They do also have a full fledged pass with all inclusive for the day, which IIRC was 550 pesos per person. I do agree on the food as well; while not gourmet, it was perfectly fine for a lazy day on the beach if you wanted to try something different. I did really enjoy their chicken rice soup (well, Deb enjoyed it and I swooped in to pick at it when she was done LOL).

For the OP: in the marina, I believe Marriott and Westin offer a similar pass situation to the PLA (a fee to get in that is applied towards costs on your bill). You may want to check with them to see if they still offer.

This website list was up to date as of late 2012, but it also recommended calling places first to ensure day pass availability was still offered (and I agree with that anyways). The list is also in the Top Questions section.

http://www.pvpulse.com/en/activities/day-pass

Another offering I discovered late last year was the new Best Western Suites Puerto Vallarta (formerly the Presidente Intercontinental). As of fall 2013 the "day pass" was 350 pesos per person applied towards your food and bar bill, and full use of the facilities for the day ending at I believe 6pm.

Edited: 19 February 2014, 20:40
Oregon
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: daily pool priviledges

I emailed Costa Sur and got information about their day pass, and included it on this thread: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150793-i46-k72113…

It's US$32/day, and includes American breakfast, a 3 course meal and "national" drinks from 9am - 5pm