We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Para-sailing???

Spokane Valley...
Level Contributor
571 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Para-sailing???

I'm wondering if the people offering para sailing in PV have to have some type of license, special training or permit. Thanks for your help.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,630 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Para-sailing???

They have a boat, parasail, some rope, life jacket and a whistle, all of which are owned by their boss ;-}}

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Para-sailing???

They would need a city permit to sell their services.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
16,388 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Para-sailing???

I have no idea if they're licensed, but we've been watching the Parasail outfit in front of Dacquiri Dicks for a few years. Those guys are really good, which is what convinced my husband to parasail with them twice in December, and he's planning to do it again in a few weeks.

This as a big surprise to me, normally he would never have done this.....he's a pilot and doesn't trust other pilots no matter what they're flying.

So Cal
Level Contributor
8,151 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Para-sailing???

They work on the beach which is a Federal Zone so they have to have a permit from the Federal Govt. The concession is privately owned and is required to have insurance.

Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
719 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Para-sailing???

I've watched the guys at GCP launch hundreds of people; I've even done it myself 3 times. They consistantly land you within just a few feet of where you took off. It's amazing! I don't know how they do it.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,630 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Para-sailing???

I'll try to post the pics of the gal hanging off the side of the Tropicana ~ LOL

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Para-sailing???

While at Velas in January, a 77 year old lady stopped by my lounger and said wish me luck, I'm going to parasail for my birthday! She LOVED it! A couple days later told me she was thinking she would go again. The guys seem to be very good with the instructions and when you land.

United States
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,245 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Para-sailing???

Is it true it's not good to parasail after 4pm in PV because the winds have shifted? Someone told me that once and I have no idea if it is true. Someone in the "know" please tell me???

Edited: 24 February 2014, 21:05
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,401 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Para-sailing???

I wouldn't do it on ANY day with high or shifting winds, and most of the time (stress MOST of the time - see Teduardo's comment above, that was a really high wind day) the parasail guys won't run trips when the winds are up.

If I were going to do it in PV I'd do it in the morning or early afternoon.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Para-sailing???

The wind shift story is not true :)

But true that with high winds, it's difficult for them to get you down, could be up there for hours, LOL