We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hot springs near Puerto Vallarta

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lloydminster, Canada
Level Contributor
423 posts
267 reviews
Save Topic
hot springs near Puerto Vallarta

I have researched a few message threads about people's experiences with going to hot springs in the PV area but most of the posts are pretty dated so looking for any updates people have with experiences going to hot springs in the area where you can soak...when we were staying in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle last November 2013 we went to the Aqua Termales hot pools and they were a glorious hidden gem but getting there was a nightmare from the tour operator we hired but worth it in the end. This year we want to stay at Yelapa and have heard of hot springs by Las Palmas ( not the ones up river) , Las Guamas and on the way to Mayto beach etc ...what we are looking for is either directions or experiences by people who have been to any hot springs in the area that does not require hiking as we are not mobile enough for that but we could do so in a jeep or ATV experience or even on horse back either by ourself or with a tour group. i have contacted several options for tour groups and no such luck so far finding anyone of them that involve soaking in hot pools although I found threads of discussion where people have blogged it or talked about it but they are older ..anyone with recent experience or is in the know ...I have contacted JR and checked out his map and he suggested I post it to see what response I get..feedback anyone ??

Alberta
Level Contributor
385 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hot springs near Puerto Vallarta

I found this blog about how to get there I know the link says backpackers but sounds like they drove there.

…blogspot.ca/2012/02/mexico-hot-springs-near…

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hot springs near Puerto Vallarta

The hot springs close to Las Guamas, 'Agua Caliente', can be driven to from El Tuito on a surfaced road, no need for an ATV. It's on the road to Chacala which is shown on my maps.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,813 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hot springs near Puerto Vallarta

You can get great info from these maps.

http://vallartainfo.com/

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hot springs near Puerto Vallarta

CBlakey, I think that is the same one Sioux4noff went to. I've taken the Alta Vista road out to the petroglyphs which was hard to get to...thank goodness I remembered from 10 years before on where to hike.

Lloydminster, Canada
Level Contributor
423 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hot springs near Puerto Vallarta

Ok then it might be less of a hassle to take the water taxi to Boca and hire a cab then cause not sure how else we get there from El Tuito unless there is a bus but unless the hot springs are right off the road I cant walk to far at all...........has anyone tried these ones and knows what to expect ?? how many hot pools and what the site is like ??

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,202 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hot springs near Puerto Vallarta

I'd ask trem to see If they can help you. This is same owner as Tino's seafood. Hot springs is mentioned.

haciendaeldivisadero.com/paquetes-y-promocio…

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hot springs near Puerto Vallarta

You can take a bus to El Tuito for 27 pesos, taxi from there, or hitch a ride in the back of pick-up.

Lloydminster, Canada
Level Contributor
423 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hot springs near Puerto Vallarta

I have already been to the ones the one cblakey posts when we stayed at La cruz adn they are the ones I refer to in my post i have seen already ..these are a long way off from Yelapa, hard to find but well worth it and easier to find once you have been there but they are not the ones i am inquiring about ........but thanks for the post and their directions are pretty good too ...they were auesome by the way..anyone else know what the Las Guamas ones are like ?

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hot springs near Puerto Vallarta

Is this the ATV tour you were interested in? adventurecentral.com/user/…

Edited: 28 February 2014, 16:31
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hot springs near Puerto Vallarta

Unique ATV is not running that tour anymore, it's a very dated page - "Bus fare is 15 pesos each way"