We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Hogar isn't in need of clothing, etc. Who is?

Fort Smith, Arkansas
Level Contributor
366 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Hogar isn't in need of clothing, etc. Who is?

I've been collecting clothing, shoes, dental supplies, etc but Casa Hogar mainly needs food which we will buy there. Any suggestions as to who could use these items? JR, you mentioned RISE?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Hogar isn't in need of clothing, etc. Who is?

Send them an email hola@risepv.org or through the web site, http://www.risepv.org

United States
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
9,809 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Hogar isn't in need of clothing, etc. Who is?

Yes, when we went to Casa Hogar we hit the Wallmart and couldn't stop throwing all the needed food items in the cart. It was so much fun. We had our friend Jonathan take us and he knew exactly what to get because he goes there quite often. It was the best day ever!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
740 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Hogar isn't in need of clothing, etc. Who is?

My husband and I visited RISE in January and brought 50+ toothbrush kits with floss etc. They said there was plenty of clothes, showed me closets full and lots of toys as well. I could see them needing bedding/mattresses perhaps and as always, fresh food. Arrive with shopping bags full!!

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Hogar isn't in need of clothing, etc. Who is?

RISE has loads of clothes- too much in fact. Corazon de Nina can use them as well as dental stuff. Here is their website- http://www.corazondenina.mx/ you can go there and visit the girls and meet the benefactors. I just went to an event on Valenine's Day- it was a fun event at the Marriott. Nice girls and they sang a few songs and did a fantastic job.

Fort Smith, Arkansas
Level Contributor
366 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Hogar isn't in need of clothing, etc. Who is?

Bzy1, thanks so much! I would rather take the items to where they are needed. Can you get to this place by city bus?

Fort Smith, Arkansas
Level Contributor
366 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Hogar isn't in need of clothing, etc. Who is?

Children of the Dump has been recommended too. Anyone been there? Or familiar with this organization?

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,078 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Hogar isn't in need of clothing, etc. Who is?

Sent you a PM

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
740 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Hogar isn't in need of clothing, etc. Who is?

I, too, am interested in "Children of the Dump" I am there ( PV) the month of May, and travelling alone. Any regular volunteers or visitors there want to give some pointers or should I post a separate forum?

Edited: 02 March 2014, 20:05
9. Re: Casa Hogar isn't in need of clothing, etc. Who is?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 05:18