We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport and documents

Independence...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Passport and documents

I tried to do a search on past posts but couldn't find what I was looking for, so forgive me if this is a repeat. I know we need our passport and drivers license, but do we need our birth certificate too? Is there any other documents we need? I want to be prepared! Thank you in advance!

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,734 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passport and documents

All you need is your passport, if you don't want to take your DL, you don't need to. Your passport supersedes the DL and your birth certificare for Identification.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,369 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passport and documents

If you mean for traveling, no you don't need anything else. We do take our driver's license since we keep them on us for identification once we're in PV, instead of carrying around our passports.

If traveling with a child and not the child's other parent, you should have a notorized letter showing their permission for the child to travel with you to Mexico.

Edited: 02 March 2014, 20:06
Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,369 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passport and documents

And sometimes I've also had to show my driver's license in a shop when I was using a credit card.

Independence...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Passport and documents

Thank you! That's what I was thinking but just wanted to verify. Only 10 days 17 hours 38 min and 13 seconds till we leave!

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Passport and documents

You need your drivers' license if renting a car - otherwise, yes, all you need is your passport.

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Passport and documents

If you are not a U.S. citizen then you will need your Alien Registration(green card) to return to the U.S.

7. Re: Passport and documents

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 06:16