We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Vallarta and Velas Vallarta

Texas
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Vallarta and Velas Vallarta

I read puerto Vallarta and seem like a lot of people like VESA Vallarta and Velas Vallarta , my question how far between this two resorts , are you be able to walk back and forth? Cause I'm thinking we'll stay at VESA Vallarta. ( this one more fun for kids) With our grand kids ( 3 and 5) and my old children can stay at. VESA Vallarta ( I think this one for adult ) . Are both resorts same owner? Can guess from this resort go to another spend time and eat? Is any thought?

Thanks

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Vallarta and Velas Vallarta

Yes, Casa Velas and Velas Vallarta same owner and a very short 5 minute or less walk between the 2. I've never been to Casa Velas but Bezerk loves it there & will come along with info soon. Casa Velas is adults only I believe, or they try to keep the families in a certain area, but I'm not sure if they changed that policy. Yes, you can eat at either resort, but it's difficult to get reservations at Casa if you're not staying there. Velas has 3 beautiful pools with one being a kids pool & they have a great kids club too. La Ribera is the beach front restaurant with no reservations needed, Andrea is fancier and reservations are needed most times for dinner. Pool side service is excellent! The do water aerobics daily, have ping pong tournaments, play bingo, you can play beach volleyball (some of the vendors love to play), water volleyball and I'm sure I've forgotten something. We love Velas! Good choice!

Topeka, Kansas...
Level Contributor
185 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Vallarta and Velas Vallarta

Casa Velas guests have full access to Velas Vallarta, but the reverse is not true.

It is a 5-7 minute walk or so between the two, or a 2 minute shuttle ride.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,611 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Vallarta and Velas Vallarta

Casa Velas is adults only.

Texas
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Vallarta and Velas Vallarta

Thanks a lot for your informations , if you can come with something else please let me know.

How far walk to downtown or marina from either one of two resorts . Should I pay AL ? How is the food?

Thanks again

Texas
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Vallarta and Velas Vallarta

I'm sorry I was wrong casa Vallarta for adult and Velas for family with children , I saw if you stay at casa Vallarta you can full Access to Velas but if you stay at Velas Vallarta do they let you have full Access to cesa Vallarta ?

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Vallarta and Velas Vallarta

It's a 12-15 minute walk over to the Marina. Lots of nice boats there to look at and many good restaurants. We don't do AI because we like going into downtown or the south side for dinner most nights. We do order snacks or lunch around the pool. You also have a kitchen so you can head to the grocery store which is always fun to explore and get breakfast, lunch and snack items. You need to check with Velas since AI is mandatory unless the owners contract states otherwise. There are so many great restaurants in PV to enjoy. You would need to take a bus or a taxi into town, since it's really too far to walk. You can catch the bus right outside of Velas.

Texas
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Vallarta and Velas Vallarta

Thanks Mrs._Margarita

Is it safe at PV ? Cause someone told me Mexico not good for travel is that true?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,611 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Vallarta and Velas Vallarta

Sorry. Casa Velas guests have access to Velas Vallsrta but not the other way around.

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa Vallarta and Velas Vallarta

Totally not true! Very safe & yes you have to watch yourself just like you do in your own city. I live outside of Cleveland OH and would not got into some neighborhoods. Our daughter and son in law brought our 6 month old granddaughter a year ago & we walked all over with her! PV is very safe, unless I would imagine you got yourself involved in something you shouldn't be involved in. Look on the forum how many of us start planning our next trip as soon as we get home!

Texas
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Casa Vallarta and Velas Vallarta

Thank you very much for your information