We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday from the UK

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Holiday from the UK

We are considering a holiday in Puerto Vallarta this year. We are from the UK, and were wondering if there are many British visitors to this area? Also we were planning on coming 6-20th September, is this a good time weatherwise, and does it coincide with any major holiday times with visitors from the US or other nearer countries? Many thanks

Gateshead UK
Level Contributor
493 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday from the UK

I think there might be this year as it's a new destination for Thomsons.

We are going to Secrets from May 10 to 24 and i have come across a few brits on this forum who are going to PV this year, but does it really matter what nationalities are where you what to book a holiday.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday from the UK

Just wanted to know if there were many Brits, to get a British perspective of the location. Also I don't like to see too many of a certain type of 'Brit aboard' eg the loud drunken vest/football shirt wearing types that seem to have ruined a few destinations!

United States
Level Contributor
9,338 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday from the UK

To answer the specific question, I've noticed Canadians and USA in Puerto Vallarta. Over in Cancun/Playa del Carmen I've noticed more Brits and Europeans. Being from Oregon, USA... no one was from Oregon while we were in Playa del Carmen last March. It was quite funny- like we were from really far away!

Doesn't matter either way. Where ever you go, you will have a fantastic vacation.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday from the UK

Virtually the only UK visitors will be those on the Thomsons plane that you are presumably flying on. September is probably the worst month for weather although rain is usually brief and only in the afternoons although rain-free days are possible (as are days of continual rain). The only major holiday in September is Mexican Independence Day which is celebrated (mainly) on the night of the 15th - that can be fun......

Edited: 08 March 2014, 22:17
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,813 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday from the UK

I think from reading here on the forum that September my be an issue. It is the last of summer, the rainy season. I think it will be Hot, Humid, and Rainy. Maybe someone will jump in and give more info. The jungles, greenery and flowers will be beautiful!

Gateshead UK
Level Contributor
493 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday from the UK

We have been to Cancun 3 times and it is really man made for the tourist, so we are looking forward to a real Mexican resort

Vancouver
Level Contributor
998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday from the UK

Sandra.....no worries...have been to PV many times & haven't seen a lager lout yet.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,813 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday from the UK

Sandra, do you know where you will be staying or what area you want to stay in during your vacation?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday from the UK

Well! I'm a bloody Brit and have been living here for over 20 years! A dozen or so local Brits.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday from the UK

Buckeyfan, currently looking at Secrets, as it says it's for couples only, although I've just seen on a small note when I pricing it up that it is no longer adults-only. Don't really know anything about the different areas, don't want to be renote or in a too busy busy area either. I have been to Cancun and although I liked it found it more American than Mexican, so want to see whether PV is more authentic? I have been to Florida many times, I'm expecting that September weather will be similr to that of Florida, ie rain showers etc?