We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Muertos Beach Club Suggestions

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
310 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Los Muertos Beach Club Suggestions

In a few months we'll be in PV with my parents (late 60's) who have never been to Puerto Vallarta before. We've been many times and always enjoy Ritmos. But with Mantamar (last year it was under construction) on the scene we're looking for options that are quieter and have tables and chairs in the sand for my pops.

We love Ritmos but want to show my parents a good time and with all of that racket from Mantamar, we're going to to steer clear of the area which is a shame. (Can you even hear the Mantamar clatter at Ritmos?) We'd like to learn about places where we can have lunch, enjoy a few drinks, read and not hear the noise pollution. We don't mind music but Mantamar seems out of control. Look forward to your suggestions.

Danvers...
Level Contributor
901 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Muertos Beach Club Suggestions

I especially like LaPalapa beach club for a mid morning breakfast and then spend a few hours relaxing. Clean bathrooms and good service.

Ontario's...
Level Contributor
302 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Muertos Beach Club Suggestions

We enjoyed the chairs & service @ Coco Tropical. They now also have an early happy hour from 11;30 to 1pm. Nice part of beach & if your lucky you may see the lunch lady (with blue cooler) for a very cheap, fresh lunch. Food @ C.T. is also very good , also Daquiri Dicks almost next door has good food & drinks. Cheers & enjoy.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,538 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Muertos Beach Club Suggestions

It would appear that Ritmos is definitely doing its thing to add to the noise as well! Let's have a "noise war" on Los Muertos beach seems to be the thing lately!! Ugh!!!!

pvscene.com/824/…

For some more reasonable sense of "peace & quiet" on the beach ... I agree with moving north on the beach ...

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,609 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Los Muertos Beach Club Suggestions

agree with Kenny---we get the chairs at dd

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
310 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Los Muertos Beach Club Suggestions

Ritmos has music (very eclectic with both Mexican and American music) but it's not obnoxiously loud and you can still hear the waves. Sometimes they'll feature a DJ that spins for a few hours or live music but that's about. Mantamar sounds like a nightmare and like a you said a full on "noise war" will take place with Blue Chairs adding to the mix. Yikes!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
310 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Los Muertos Beach Club Suggestions

After all these years, had no idea DD had chairs on the beach.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Los Muertos Beach Club Suggestions

I think LIdo in front of One Beach Street (formerly # 1 Malecon and Playa del Sol) is pretty nice. Michel (who owns Trattoria Michel) has the beach space now. It's not cheap but they do a nice job).

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,597 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Los Muertos Beach Club Suggestions

Sea Monkey, CyC, or La Palapa

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
310 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Los Muertos Beach Club Suggestions

Suze what is CyC?

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,597 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Los Muertos Beach Club Suggestions

Cuates y Cuetes... just another in the line up of beach bars on Los Muertos

www.cuatesycuetes.com

oh hey... that's it in my current photo here!!

Edited: 24 March 2014, 23:57