We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexican Singers

toronto
Level Contributor
711 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Mexican Singers

Are there any venues that offer staged performances by local Mexican male and female singers? I am not seeking performances on the beach but something more like restaurants or bars in the old town area.

United States
Level Contributor
9,304 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexican Singers

The. Roxy Theatre- Tuesday nights Los Bambinos play here.

Joya de Mexico (PV's professional mariachi) play every night except Saturday at Hacienda San Angel and they also play at The Sheraton every Sunday for their buffet brunch.

I'm sure others will add in more.....

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
774 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexican Singers

the Grupo Sol Y Luna plays at the bar at Playa Los Arcos Hotel all nights except Sunday's. They are fabulous. They play mostly Spanish songs but some in English. You will enjoy them.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,159 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexican Singers

Los Bambinos are done for the season I believe. They were only performing until the beginning of April. But, you never know, they might extend a couple weeks, so it's worth checking if you'll be here in the next two weeks. I've seen them around town performing for customer in restaurants like they always do.

In case you want to check if they're completely finished at the Roxy, here's their e-mail below ....

losbambinosmusic@gmail.com

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,695 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexican Singers

Check the bar at The River Cafe restaurant in the evenings. I've seen live music (duo) there numerous times.

toronto
Level Contributor
711 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mexican Singers

Thanks! I will check out Los Bambinos at Roxy. Also, Jetsetjp, for the Playa los Arcos, do we need to stay there in order to enjoy the performances? It would be awesome if we can go regardless.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,445 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mexican Singers

another thumbs up for the sister and brother group at playa los arcos. we make it at least once every trip---they are good!

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,520 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mexican Singers

Very listenable acoustic jazz in the lounge at La Palapa (on Los Muertos beach). On Monday and Tuesday evenings it used to be Alberto Perez, the Owner (vocals and guitar), and sidemen (on flute, percussion, and etc.).

Good sounds and venue.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
774 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mexican Singers

no you do not need to be guest of PLA to go in the evenings for drinks, dancing and entertainment. They play from 7:30pm to around 10:30pm -11pm

toronto
Level Contributor
711 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mexican Singers

That's great, Jetsetp! Thank you.

Longmont, Colorado
Level Contributor
625 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mexican Singers

Last time we were in town (October/November) there were two brothers playing at Margarita Grill that were really good. We went most nights after dinner to have a nightcap and listen to these guys. It's unclear now if they are still there but we will definitely check it out our first night there! :-)