We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ceramics

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ceramics

Can I carry ceramic items that I purchased here in my carry-on or do I have to put it in my suitcase?

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,638 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ceramics

According to the people who fly Alaska Airlines on this forum, they won't allow it in your carry-on. But, I don't know of any other airline that requires it to be in checked luggage, and I've had no problem with American and Frontier.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,782 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ceramics

I would call your Airlines. Yes, what Kansas said is correct for Alaska Airlines. That's the airline we use to fly to PV. It has to be put in your checked luggage, not carry-on.

I have brought back lots of ceramics and was quite worried the last time we flew Delta to Cancun last March, 2013. They allowed it to he in my carry-on and when I called to verify this before we went, they personally wrote a note in my file that they ok'd it in case I would have an issue. But even though they allow it, the final say is the security within the airport. TSA. Whatever they say.... flies. I had a ton in my carry-on as well as I hand carried 3 huge bowls in my arms from Cancun, to Minnesota, to Oregon all day long. My arms were tired, lol.

So, call to be sure.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,000 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ceramics

I agree to check with your own airlines. I have never had a problem myself, but I have read here about the Alaska Air restrictions.

suze

4. Re: Ceramics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2015, 06:16