We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tapas restaurant with a view

United States
Level Contributor
9,456 posts
223 reviews
Save Topic
Tapas restaurant with a view

Hi friends,

Is there a really good tapas restaurant in PV that has a view as well? We are going in 3 weeks and that is a request by one of the people going.

If there is not one with a view can you name some really good ones? Thx.

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,215 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tapas restaurant with a view

Barcelona Tapas

www.barcelonatapas.net

Matamoros 894

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,369 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tapas restaurant with a view

Nu Global Tapas Bar is another one. It's a unique place, but no view, but very open air upstairs. This is also where one of your favorite duos entertain.....the same brother and sister from PLA. I have a review in the link below with prices if you're interested. I noticed a couple good descriptions from recent reviewers.....low key swanky and edgy....describes it very well.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g150793-d3…

Edited: 05 April 2014, 16:53
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tapas restaurant with a view

Barcelona is, of course, your obvious choice. But . . .

La Pena Andaluza - river views

La Esquina de los Caprichos - OK no view but darling little place with very nice owners

NU - 2nd floor dining room of the old Choco Banana (Banana Cantina, Fuego, etc.) Some views & live music.

Pacific Latitiude...
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tapas restaurant with a view

Equina de los Caprichos on Matamoros (north of HSA)

Great tapas and peek-a-boo views

Pacific Latitiude...
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tapas restaurant with a view

La Esquina de los Caprichos is reviewed here on TA.

Edited: 05 April 2014, 18:45
Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,416 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tapas restaurant with a view

Barcelona Tapas would be a good choice. Besides the view the food, menu & service is great.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tapas restaurant with a view

Barcelona Tapas- book your reservation for thirty minutes before sunset- specatacular view of the bay-the food and service as previously noted is great! William the owner just returned from a study in Peru of the countries cevieches and will be adding them also. Barcelona offers a Sunday Brunch also.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
726 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tapas restaurant with a view

They've all been mentioned. Our favourites for creative menu was La Pena but Barcelona has great food, atmosphere, nice wines, crazy awesome view and you can easily walk from Malecon if you've got sturdy legs and flat shoes! However at La Pena you could find yourself be serenaded or some live Spanish music ....... Oh the choices!!

Edited: 05 April 2014, 23:34
United States
Level Contributor
9,456 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tapas restaurant with a view

I've been so busy today, haven't had time to check back to see all the great suggestions. Thank you all so much. I can't wait to start researching the websites and see what each one has to offer.

I've been to Esquina de los Caprichos when we went on the hike with Sylvie up to the cross. It was great. Loved the decor, open aired middle of the roof and chatting with the family owners. So fun. No view, but it certainly made an impression on me with the decor and food! I guess I could say "the sky" was the view!

As for the other suggestions, looks like I have my work cut out for me on researching. I have never had tapas before like we experienced at Esquina de Los Caprichos. They were flavorful and we walked out of there so full. It was a genuine experience in itself.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tapas restaurant with a view

I'll second (or fifth) Barcelona Tapas. Bill the owner is a great guy, the restaurant has been around for about 10 years and my husband I's "go to" restaurant for a romantic dinner out. The food is great (get the spicy shrimp and dip the bread in the oil) we also really like the paella there-the stacked grilled vegetables and his ice cream. The view is beautiful- ask in advance for a view table on the edge of the retaurant. About 75 steps up, so be prepared. Wander the Malecon after. Nice sangria also.