We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tequila Tours anyone????

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
638 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Tequila Tours anyone????

I read that the only good Tequila tour is on Wednesday. I will be arriving on Thursday and leaving Tuesday. Does anyone know of another tour even small that is available around those days??? Thanks, any info appreciated.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tequila Tours anyone????

What do you mean by Tequila Tour, to the town of Tequila ?

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tequila Tours anyone????

The only real tequila distilleries are in Tequila, Jalisco and the small towns around there. If you want to go that way, contact astrid from Superior Tours, she can do a tour to Tequila any day of the week. The Tequila "tours" in and around Vallarta are mock-ups and not real distilleries. They typically sell tequila bottled from the area of tequila. Tequila is much like Champagne, only real Champagne comes from the Champagne region and only real tequila comes from the area around tequila and a couple of other authorized areas.

Blue agave needs a special climate (away from the ocean) and a higher altitude to grow and taste correctly, something the immediate area cannot provide.

Level Contributor
638 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tequila Tours anyone????

Is it feasible to do a tour to Tequila,Ja in one day???? How far away is it. I read the close ones are mock ups. Don't want to do that.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tequila Tours anyone????

Tequila is about 3 hours to 3.5 hours depending on traffic and any stops along the way. (bathroom break)

You can easily do tequila in a day as long as you aren't driving :) The drive is scenic and there are some cool distilleries to visit. Be sure to bring Pesos! (And you can often buy tequila and liquor at the distillery shops... the cheaper stuff along the road side.

Level Contributor
638 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tequila Tours anyone????

Thanks. so much for the info. I think I'll just hang around the AI resort and just drink their Tequila. May be next time when I come with more time and prepared. Ciao.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,607 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tequila Tours anyone????

Since you have only a few days there are several afternoon/day trips you can do on your own, short depending on where you're staying. I can't tell for sure, but if this is your first trip to PV you might enjoy just getting familiar with town by walking around.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tequila Tours anyone????

If you were to take a day tour to San Sebastian, with Superior Tours for example, on the way, close to the village of Nogalito, there's a small operating distillery which you can tour.

Level Contributor
638 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tequila Tours anyone????

I've been to PV twice but stayed at Nuevo. Did do the Malecon once. This time I'm staying at the Golden Crown Paradise adults. I do plan to get out and explore the city. Hints will help. Thanks.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tequila Tours anyone????

Oh there are so many places to see in a day! I've lived here 12 years and still have not been everywhere I want to go.

You can easily take a bus downtown or to the south side of Vallarta (and beyond)

When were you last on the Malecon? Quite a bit has changed in the last two years.

Have you seen the new pier on Los Muertos- hung out at Los Muertos beach?

You can take a bus to Boca and go to Yelapa for the day or take a bus from WalMart to Sayuita, a little surfing village n the Pacific Coast.

What are some of your interests?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tequila Tours anyone????

See Post #7. This is a nice trip for a day, great countryside, stop at the small tequilla factory for a sample, stop at Hacienda Jalisco and buy some of the best coffee you will find anywhere, and go on to the town of Sebastian for a walk about and if the Italian restaurant is open up there some of the best food ever.