I've done a search and weeded thorough all the pages that came up. I’m left with a few (OK, a lot) of questions.
The Hubby and I are planning to visit PV June 7th - 14th or 14th - 21st. We've stayed and the GCP for the last 8 years or so and want to try something different.
I'm pretty set on the Villa Premiere but am curious about a few things. We will be doing the AI as we will get our money's worth in drinks. We have no problem going off property to eat and will do so.
1) I understand that AI guests must sign for food and beverages. Does that mean each and every drink at the pool/beach? We tend to be margarita and beer drinkers and they can go down pretty easy for us. I don't mind signing but does this get a bit tiresome?
2) Can I bring my own mugs for pool/beach use? We don't do the huge Bubba mugs but have some Tervis insulated mugs that we love to use (keeps the beer and margaritas colder!). Same for the Buenaventura as we’ll probably pop over there for early morning Bloody Marys.
3) If we do eat dinner at the hotel, is there a dress code for any of the restaurants? I looked on their website and it appears to say "casual" for all of them. I'll pack long pants for the Hubby if necessary but he would prefer not to wear them on vacation.
4) Are there any ATMs nearby (or on property)? We were spoiled at the GCP as they had one right off the lobby. I travel with some pesos but would like to get more as needed.
5) I’ve read here on Trip Advisor that they have different AI “plans.” Is that true? I’m going to have to book with Hotels.com since Villa’s website says “no rooms available” for my dates. I don’t want to be surprised if I end up with a “lesser” AI. Any thoughts?
6) Better to walk or cab to places like Cheeky Monkey (one of our favorites!) or Los Muertos Brewing (and others in that area)? We are in our late 40s but my Hubby has a very bad knee. Walking isn’t a huge issue unless it’s super far and ‘unsteady’ ground. I realize this is a personal thing but am curious what some others think.
Thanks all for you insight and input!! Much appreciated.