We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laid back night spots

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas
Level Contributor
73 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Laid back night spots

Hello! Looking for recommendations on laid back night spots with live music. We like Nacho Daddy, so looking for something along that line.

Thanks!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Laid back night spots

I think Old Town Bistro sometimes has live music - ditto - River Cafe and La Palapa. You might like CyC on the beach, too. NU is supposed to be good for live music but it's getting late in the season so you never know. Maybe Uncommon Grounds? Just a few ideas.

Yellowknife, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laid back night spots

I have always had a good time at Captain Dons and Que Pasa- both have live music on certain nights...

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laid back night spots

El Patio de Mi Casa on Guerrero is a great place- they often have jazz or other live music, great pizza and ambiance. Beverly and Willow often play there. https:/…elpatiodemicasavallarta

Lots of locals so they have business all year long.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,796 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laid back night spots

The same talented couple that sings at Nu, is a staple at Playa Los Arcos. I can't think of their name but someone will know.

CyC mentioned earlier is Cuates y Cuetes, and they're the first place on the beach, north of the pier. Their next door beach neighbor on their north side....Langostino's... also has live music, they take turns. Good place for happy hour on the sand and the music starts during happy hour....either one is good for music at that time of day.

Garbo's a piano bar, also has a variety of music...pretty laid back, it's a classy gay/straight bar.

Edited: 18 April 2014, 03:45
|Wisconsin Rapids...
Level Contributor
818 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laid back night spots

Hi, just wondering, does LA Palapa still have live music sometimes? Thinking of "laid back" made me think of listening to the music there! It's been a few years since we stopped there.

Happy Travels

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,487 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laid back night spots

" ... just wondering, does LA Palapa still have live music sometimes? Thinking of "laid back" made me think of listening to the music there!"

cheesehead ... yes, me too!! Used to enjoy the music in the lounge, especially on Monday and Tuesday evenings when the Alberto Perez trio played there.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Laid back night spots

I believe that they do still have live music at La Palapa - the owner is a musician who plays there if my memory serves me correctly. Probably should check on the nights, especially this time of the year.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,487 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Laid back night spots

Yes, Alberto Perez (the Owner), is an accomplished musician (vocalist and guitar). He, and sidemen (on flute, and percussion), used to perform there each week (Monday and Tuesday nights).

Good acoustic jazz via a wonderful beach-side setting ... can't think of any place with more laid back and good music, and a more beautiful setting.

Just hope it's all still happening.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Laid back night spots

The Blue Shrimp has light jazz and beach side dining.

I've noted that people do go there just for a drink & to listen to the music...not necessarily to dine.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Laid back night spots

Los Arcos is great.