We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

adult only resorts

San Diego...
Level Contributor
646 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
adult only resorts

Hi, i am planning a trip to PV in October and I've been doing my research.... I seem to keep finding references to 'adult only' here and there. What are people talking about? Do they have adults only resorts in PV? If so which ones?

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,609 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: adult only resorts

from low to high: Golden Crown Paradise, Villa Premiere, Secrets and Casa Velas; Friendly Vallarta and Sunset Plaza Beach have adults only pools, SPB being more private. There are also some small bed and breakfast type properties Hacienda San Angel, Casa Isabel and probably more others can suggest.

Mentioned in this post
Casa Velas
Casa Velas
1,675 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Hacienda San Angel
Hacienda San Angel
292 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,472 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: adult only resorts

Casa Dona Susana is also adult only and is AI optional through the flagship PLA resort.

3. Re: adult only resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2014, 16:17
Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,609 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: adult only resorts

If the OP is not familiar with PLA... Playa Los Arcos and Casa Dona Susana are located on the southside, PLA is on Los Muertos beach, CDA just blocks away; both within walking distance to many excellent and affordable restaurants, and an all-inclusive option is available at a very low cost.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,472 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: adult only resorts

Casa Doña Susana and Los Arcos Suites, the sister hotels, are located on the dead-ended Manuel Dieguez...across the street from the beachfront Playa Los Arcos (which is a family friendly resort). It's a bit like a cul de sac where the hotels are located due to geography. As noted, this would be an affordable option as an adult only stay; it's smaller, more boutique style. Rooms run the gamut from the smaller and less cheerful (read: darker) to nicer larger units with balconies that overlook the cul de sac street front, and can look all the way westward to see a sliver of the bay and ocean.

It's an older property but has a lot of charm, and is very well maintained. Great rooftop pool.

Here is a map showing the street and general location.

vallartainfo.com/vallarta-southside-map.html

(while the map shows M. Dieguez going all the way through east, it does actually stop before Pino Suarez as there is a large hill there - the road continues eastward after that)

Edited: 22 April 2014, 16:26
Mentioned in this post
Los Arcos Suites
Los Arcos Suites
640 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
San Diego...
Level Contributor
646 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: adult only resorts

Thanks all! This is helpful... Question... Sound like adult only resorts may be a bit more expensive?

AR
Level Contributor
3,612 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: adult only resorts

Actually, every time I have priced Dona Susana, it has been slightly less expensive than Playa Los Arcos...maybe because it is 1/2 block from the beach.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: adult only resorts

I don't know about Casa Dona but most AO's tend to me more expensive, depends on what you are comparing them to. For instance, Secrets is usually more than Now Amber, Villa Premiere is usually more than Buenaventura. The AO section of the Grand Palladium is more than the regular section, but sometimes you can find some good deals and they aren't always more.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,961 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: adult only resorts

What are you looking for in terms of atmosphere, service, etc.?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
646 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: adult only resorts

I want a fun atmosphere buy not TOO much fun. My GF and I aren't big partiers, but we like to have drinks and be around other adults and we do not enjoy screaming kids. Other than that we are pretty flexible. We do want somewhere nice. Since it's Mexico and it's cheaper than most of our normal vacay's, we'll want to treat ourselves a little and stay in a nice place. I've heard of secrets and grand palladium, which is better?