We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mothers Day, May 10th

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
102 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Mothers Day, May 10th

Staying on the south side of PV. Can anyone recommend a nice mothers day brunch or dinner?

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,439 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mothers Day, May 10th

From our experiences, Mother's Day in Vallarta is a lot more important than anything celebrated om May 5.

During several of our May stays, I've purchased a Mother's Day cake .... and then we've shared it with staff at our hotel -- a Mother's Day treat, with some warm thoughts of our respective Mothers.

Can't suggest a specific restaurant that might have a brunch or dinner "dedicated" to Mother's Day .... but suspect others may be able to do so.

Good luck!!

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mothers Day, May 10th

La Playita at Lindo Mar is great for breakfast any day - their Buffet Brunch is on Sunday.

Mother's Day is always busy at the restaurants, especially one's on the beach or with a view. You may want to reserve ahead.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
102 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mothers Day, May 10th

bzy1.... thank you, just emailed the La Playita for Mothers day ressies, place looks to die for

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mothers Day, May 10th

It's beautiful! Bring your swimsuit and towel and play in the tide pools after eating...(But as Mom says "Wait 30 minutes!" ;)

The food and view is very nice. Be sure to check out the old Vallarta photos near the bathrooms. I am sure you will enjoy it there... easy to catch a bus from Consticuion and Basilio Badillo (You'll see them parked- take a Mismaloya/Boca bus. 8 Pesos each way. Tell the driver Lindo Mar. Take the elevator (to the left) down to La Playita. Ask at the reception desk if you can see a room or two- this is a great place to rent- lots of my friends stay here.

Edited: 24 April 2014, 20:11
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
102 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mothers Day, May 10th

great tip, will bring suits and towels. I think after we leave PV, we will be experts in the bus system, LOL

Vancouver
Level Contributor
998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Mothers Day, May 10th

It's not a special spot...but Langostinos has always given me a rose & a free glass of wine when I stop by there on Mother's Day in the evening.

mexico
Level Contributor
119 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mothers Day, May 10th

Any idea on rental rates for lindo Mar? Do they give specials to locals? Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
102 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mothers Day, May 10th

Awe MOJO, that is nice, will check them out, still waiting on the manager of La Playita (Lindo Mar) to email me back with an opportunity to make ressies now while there are still tables open. Maybe the man only works nights.

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
969 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Mothers Day, May 10th

As a "heads-up", it looks like Kaiser Maximilian Restaurant is running a Mother's Day special, with 50% off main courses, from noon until 6 P.M.

banderasnews.com/1404/rr-kaiser-maximilian-m…

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
969 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Mothers Day, May 10th

Oh yeah -- as mentioned Mother's Day, in Mexico, is May 10th. That's tomorrow -- Saturday. The day is always celebrated on the 10th of May, no matter on what day of the week it falls.

In the U.S., Canada, Australia and other some countries, Mother's day is celebrated on the second Sunday, in May. This year, that would be May 11th, or next Sunday.

Don't forget Mom!!!

Edited: 09 May 2014, 19:32