We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fish Taco Stand ??

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
166 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Fish Taco Stand ??

Hi this morning I was reading threads on taco stands and for the life of me I can't find it now I belive I read that at the Marina there is a good fish taco stand if that's true is that the Marine Terminal near the G C P ?? I'll be at the Crown 6/16-6/21 thanks. And I love me some fish :)

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fish Taco Stand ??

No the fish taco place "Marisma's" in in the Marina (Not the Maritime Terminal/ cruise ship dock where you are staying near. Marisma's is behind Plaza Neptuno across from Nima Bay condos. Great smoothies, fish, shrimp and Marlyn (Marlin) tacos. Ceviche also. Try the green avocado sauce for the fish tacos- yum!

2. Re: Fish Taco Stand ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2014, 16:17
Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
166 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fish Taco Stand ??

Wow just my luck I was hoping it was the Marine Terminal. Well like the old Camel cigarette saying I'd walk a mile for a Camel well I'd do it for a fish taco.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fish Taco Stand ??

It's really not that far- you can take a taxi and walk around the marina boardwalk afterwards. Just so you do not confuse the taxi drivers- you are not staying in the Marina. There is not really much at the Maritime Terminal.

I had a fish sandwich from the beach restaurant at the GPC and it was actually very good! It was mahi mahi on a bun but I bet you could ask for tortillas or even ask for fish tacos.... they are pretty accommodating there. Have fun and go explore the Marina- have some fish tacos, enjoy some frozen yogurt or a drink at one of the outdoor restaurants around the Marina. Go up tp El Faro and check out the view. (EL Faro is the light house) Enjoy!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,878 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fish Taco Stand ??

As bzy said, Marisma's is not that far but it's not "quickly" walkable (unless you're serious about that Camel slogan). ;=)). There is much to do at the Marina. You could spend all day, if you want to walk and relax and eat and aren't in a hurry.

Also, if you like to walk a little (to save some pesos), you could walk across the main boulevard at the end of the road by the GCP and head to WalMart. In front of WalMart, you could either catch a Marina bus (which will take you into the Marina, but you don't have to go far to get to Marisma's) or you could catch and Ixtapa or Las Palmas bus (or any that say "aeropuerto") and get off at the stop by the whale sculpture and walk across the street. Marisma's is right there.

Taxi is probably easier though, especially since you're not that far away.

It's not really a stand ---- it's a small outdoor restaurant in a line of other outdoor restaurants but you'll enjoy it when you get there. Lots of variety.

Edited: 26 April 2014, 00:20
Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
166 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fish Taco Stand ??

Thanks all looks like Marisma's is gonna be the place. But I gotta admit I gotta be missing something here the street food map shows it being near central market and the tunnel and last time I checked the term "Marina" gotta have some water around lmao I'm missing out bzy1 don't get offened I'm just a thick headed Italian.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fish Taco Stand ??

Hahaha- I love thick headed Italians! :) I am a thick headed Russian :)

There are TWO Marisma Fish Taco stands. One at the Marina and one next door to my old apartment ;)

The one on the southside of town is about 6 blocks from the beach... on Naranjo which is between Basilio Badillo and V. Carranza. Both are owned by the same family. I sent you to the Marina one since you are in that area but if you get to the best area in Vallarta (Emiliano Zapata/Southside/ZOna Romantica) for sure go to Marisma's. Remember they are open at about 9:30 AM and close by 5:00 PM (mas o menos) Most "mariscos" (seafood) places tend to open early when the catch comes in and closes early when it is all eaten up. Or if you get in that area (south side) try El Guero- it's on Madero by the corner of COnstitucion. Great fish tacos and srimp ones. Excellent ceviche on toastadas (10 pesos each!)

Marimas is closed on Monday!

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
166 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fish Taco Stand ??

Ah bzy1 the plot thickens hadn't read anything on the Marina location just the one on the southside I kindda knew something was (fishy) in Denmark besides who ever heard of a boardwalk in the middle of town lol. Thanks for clearing that up.

;

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,066 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fish Taco Stand ??

El Faro doesn't open until 5-6 in the evening but worth the wait if your are in the area anyway.

10. Re: Fish Taco Stand ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2015, 05:17