We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Salem, Oregon
3 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay?

I am traveling to PV next month with my husband and 2 children. Where is the best places to stay? I would like to be within walking distance to the malecon, beach and places to eat. Doesnt need to be all inclusive or top of the line. Would like comfortable and swiiming pool also and family friendly. Would aslo prefer not to be in a resort. I would like to experiance the real PV.

Thanks

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

I would look into a condo then with 2 kids (we have kids also and I like to have the extra room, even if we say in a resort we book a couple rooms or a two or three bedroom suite). The Vista del Sol has two bedroom units for probably a good price in June. It is beachfront with a rooftop pool and right near everything in that area. That would probably work for you.

Have a look at vrbo.com for some different condos.

Edited: 02 May 2014, 23:51
Oregon
Level Contributor
8,645 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

Everything you have asked for is at Playa Los Arcos. Right in old town with shops and restaurants at your fingertips. Right on the beach & easy to walk the Malecon. Very family friendly hotel. We always stay there. Ask for Margarite if you decide to book there. She will help you to get the room you want. I love the superior ocean front rooms the best.

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,366 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

Hotel Rosita, El Pescador, Hotel Eloisa, Posada de Roger, Hotel Playa Los Arcos, all fit what you describe. Not resorts, just nice local-style hotels with pools and walking distance to everything. -suze

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,994 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

our condo in june ---2 bedroom at vista del sol is $75 a night. I don't know what flights from Oregon are but they gotta be better than Pittsburgh.

p;laya los arcos would also be good if you got a package deal that is better than a condo.

when are you going in june?

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?

Vista del Sol is an excellent condo building, right on the beach and close to everything! Plaza Mar, Plaza Dorada are also excellent choices and have great rates in June. The nice thing about a condo is you can put the kids down and not have to be quiet and they all have kitchens so breakfast and snacks are a snap!

Salem, Oregon
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay?

I'm going June 25-29 :)

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay?

You could check out airbnb.com - they have quite a few places that might suit you. Mostly apartments, condos, and B&B type places. I have had great experiences using airbnb.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,994 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay?

Sonia we will miss you by a few days

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,396 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay?

I have a couple questions, that might make a difference in suggestions.

How old are your children?

And I notice your trip is only 4 nights, so what budget are you hoping for per night?

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,366 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay?

Because the trip is only 4 nights, I think a hotel is much more practical than trying to rent a condo (for such a short stay).

suze